Coaster Mania 2000

I say they get Walter or Claude in there for a guest speaker. It's fun to hear them describe "parabolic curves!"

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
How ironic is this! My school just announced when it is going to Cedar Point - June 2. Now we can't enter the park until 10:00 or we can't get on a ride until 10:00?

Do any of you guys want to have a specific area and time that the CP Placers meet together?... And perhaps ride Millennium Force together? *** This post was edited by CP_genius on 1/17/00. ***
You get on rides at 10:00. From the public's point of view, June 2 is no different from any other day.
Is 15 too young to join GOCC?

-------------
Thank you for riding Raptor and enjoy your day here at Cedar Point, America's RollerCoast!
Do the up-to three guests get admission at the discounted price as well?
Thanks LuvRaptor and jeff, I already got my season and parking pass. Next thing to do is become a member of GOCC, and find a hot chic to take.

-------------
Welcome back Millennium Force riders...We all want to know how was your RIDE!!!!!
As a member of a coaster club you can include up to 3 guests to join you at the discounted prices.
Season pass holders dont have to pay anything additional however do need to still show their coaster club card so they can get a button (NO ONE LOSE THAT BUTTON-THIS IS WHAT GETS YOU YOUR ERT IN THE MORNING AND THAT NIGHT!!!) as well as the meal ticket to nosh later with.
In answer to someones ?? about ride start time for the GP-the last 2 years I have gone unfortunitely because the park gates open at 9am-the GP were simply jumping on the lines and riding Raptor and Mantis anyway and the ride ops never said a word. So my suggestion is-get there EARLY-choose your ride of choice carefully (Raptor or Millennium Force) and get off and on as many times as you can because technically rides start @ 7 am-you have 2 hours before the park in invaded by the GP.
Also---this day always seems to bring in a slew of school kids-making lines longer-louder-etc....
be patient however because for the most part these kids saddle up and ride out of the park usually by 5...
ERT at night is cool-watching the GP be kicked out of the park while you get to stay is cool too-
glad they opted NOT to run MS for P.M. ERT this year. Be prepared to eat tons and tons of Muffleheads note the "streaked black" front cars on Magnum and Raptor---
1 guess what it is from!!
I cant wait to go!!!
It makes for a LONG day too-----
so get lots of rest!!

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
anyone got a link for GOCC??

-------------
Welcome back Millennium Force riders...We all want to know how was your RIDE!!!!!
Couple of quick questions-

First, does the GOCC have a website? If not, does anyone have the phone # or address?

Second, do the 3 guests get access to the ERT & other activities, or just the discounted admission?

Third, are the ERT lines very long? (Say, compared to an early day in May)

Fourth, how's the food? Is it provided by CP? (I'm mainly asking to see if they'll have FRIES!)

Sorry about the slew of questions, but I'm just so intrested in what sounds like an incredible event! Every year I consider going, but I don't because I thought that ACE was the only club it included.

richie
The GOCC site is at http://gocc.sites.cc.
The GOCC is well worth the $20, I joined to get in to Coastermania, last year (which was my first.) I hope to make it to some of their events this year.

Yes, your guests also get ERT and meal tickets.

The ERT lines are not really that short. I believe that Raptor's lines were about 10-15 minutes, and Mantis' somewhat shorter. The Thursday before Coastermania was much better as far as lines went, the park was fairly empty, and that made for very very short lines. Coastermania draws a lot of people, way more than I thought.

In my opinion the food was pretty good, but was not spectacular, especially with a side of muffleheads. There were hot dogs, chicken, etc., but I don't remember any fries.

I think it's worth it, especially if you visit a day or two beforehand, but you get to meet a lot of great people.

-------------
Tyler Adams
Cedar Point Web
http://www.zoomnet.net/~bmgain *** This post was edited by Tyler on 1/17/00. ***
GOCC = http://homepages.infoseek.com/~goccinfo/index.html

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html

Jeffrey Spartan
Why do you need fries when you can have chips...and Potato Salad Surprise! :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
(for more about the "surprise" in the "potato salad surprise" consult http://www.popworld.com/thepoint/features/muffleheads.asp )
Don't you mean "why do you need Flys..." Oh wait that would be the potato salad surprise. :)

-------------
AKA: bodyin thewaterball fountain.

Paddlewheel Excursions: 12
Jokes on PE: 120 *** This post was edited by bodyin thelagoon on 1/19/00. ***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service