Cedar Point COVID-19 Update - March 20, 2020

I'm a DoorDash driver and it's been mostly busy these past few weeks. I'm seeing more leave at door requests. I also do UberEats, Grubhub, Postmates and Instacart but I mostly do Doordash and turn on the others if it's slow.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Just tonight, for a treat (is it?), we called Texas Road House. They have set up a service where the steaks are available to pick up and take home to cook. They’re hand cut at the time you place your order and packed in trays and tightly covered with plastic similar to how you’d get one at the store. They’re labeled with all the required dates and temp information. Then when you get there they have a tent drive-thru in the parking lot. A gloved employee comes out, gets your name and returns later with the order. They use the passenger side of the car and place the order on the seat or the floor. It was about as contact free as you might hope for. The lingering question is what might be going on in the kitchen, but I have to expect that the proper amount of care is taken. Texas Road House is a national company and a mistake is certainly the last thing they need. And hats off to the exec who came up with this unusual concept. It’s a chain-wide concept and it could save them. Btw, our bone-in ribeyes were delicious, not in small part due to my master grilling skills.
One more thing. Here in our city there’s a concerted effort to support our locally owned restaurants. We’re encourage to order through their takeout services as often as we can. A community FB group has been established and people are invited to ask questions and make recommendations. We’re also asked to be sure to remember the unseen staff with a generous tip, which sadly is a practice many people don’t usually follow when picking up.
One more, more thing. I’ve noticed over the last week or so that tv restaurant ads have changed. Now there’s an obvious push toward pick up and drive thru and words like “minimum contact” are usual.
What a strange world we live in now, how sudden it’s happened, and what a new normal it’s become.

Some if not most of the locals also have absolutely no money to advertise their changes right now. Some media outlets here in Cbus that have a more local focus have been getting calls from the owners in tears asking for help and been extending comps and credit for ad time. It is special to see businesses help each other out in times like this.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service