Cedar Point 2013

SSL488 said:
What are you talking about?? The keyholes are still there..

They are not included in the first run through. At 1:00 the train goes into the roll and then at 1:03 it has already reversed and is headed back toward the station. The video cuts back to them at the end of the video after doing the pointless rewind.

Ryan / A Buckeye stuck in Michigan

As having rode X-Flight, i am actually glad they aren't really doing the in-line twists through the keyhole here. It seemed like it was a bit rough through that area as it seemed to get a bit bumpy there. However, i did notice it does that on the return run next to the main gate area.

My other, hope is that those brakes don't significantly take speed off the helix into the final hop into the brake run. Like Jeff, said that area could be very cool indeed. BTW, this ride shatters my expectations of what i thought it was going to look like.

Now please send the Phantom back to Kennywood.

I Miss the Pirate ride.

I don't know what in the hell everyone is complaining about. It's the first coaster in six years, it's a record-breaker in it's class, and it's created what might be the most memorable park entrance EVER. Plus, anyone whose ever ridden a wing coaster and knows what it feels like can tell you this is going to be AMAZING. Everyone else can go die in a hole or something. So what, it wasn't your perfect image of your damned dream coaster? Maybe I'm praising it a bit much, but nearly everything about this coaster looks thrilling. I'll be there next year, just for this(and the lack of lines on Maverick!)

The Reason the wish you wished for at 11:11 doesn't come true is because my wish at 11:11 is that no ones wishes at 11:11 come true

Anyone else think the marketing person that made the first video should be fired? Already knowing about the keyhole/gate element.. I was still confused from the video.. not to mention the backwards portion. It seems like the 'gate' is a big factor in Gate...Keeper

Though.. maybe that was their intention to remove that portion to 'wow' guests come opening day.

"Water will be involved." MrScott 2006

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

On the website it says the track is two different colors. With my eyes, which are bad, it all looks one color. Are the rails and spine different and I just can't see it? Not that it matters.

It looks great. I only watched the video twice, but I never saw Ocean Motion. I'm almost positive it will be there, but just something I thought about.

And I'm with Kevinj. Jeff, please tell the twist, or atleast make one up. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
On the website it says the track is two different colors. With my eyes, which are bad, it all looks one color. Are the rails and spine different and I just can't see it? Not that it matters.

It looks great. I only watched the video twice, but I never saw Ocean Motion. I'm almost positive it will be there, but just something I thought about.

And I'm with Kevinj. Jeff, please tell the twist, or atleast make one up. :)

Looks like the rails are darker blue.. while the spine is lighter.

Edit: here are the official stats from the webpage.

Supports: White columns
Track: Azure Blue (dark blue) and Strata Blue (light blue) track.
Train colors: Sunset Gold, with Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold and Orion Gold accents

Last edited by DrunkinMonkey,

"Water will be involved." MrScott 2006

^It looks like it will have the same type of paint job that Raptor and Mantis have. Dark color covering most of the track with a light color band running along the bottom of the side portions of the spine.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

They should slap Maverick's heartline roll somewhere in the course. The red Intamin track would make a great accent piece compared to blue B&M box-section track.

Last edited by Vette,

Ocean Motion can be seen if you watch the off-ride video (third video listed)

Just got back from CP with meh new gatekeeper T-shirt! *woop woop*

Almost got trampled when we had to make a single file line, but it was totally worth it.

I spent awhile reading the last few pages, and I'm happy to hear most of you are excited about the new ride. It looks great, and I know while some people are upset, an overwhelming amount of people are very excited, both on here and on FB.

Something that has yet to be discussed, however, and I find this kind of interesting. On the T-shirts we received, the golden griffon bird that's present on the main logo is absent, just like it is in http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.aspx?id=8109 this rendering. I wonder why they're using two different logos?

Honestly, I like that logo a a lot more, but either way I can't wait!

I like both of them, but I do prefer the one with the golden griffon, since it makes it feel much more complete.

I was actually shocked to not see it on my T-shirt, and I was wondering if they did that to make it stand out from those that they're going to sell in the CP shops next year.

Can you put up a picture of the t-shirt? I haven't seen it yet and i'm curious as to what it looks like

I like both versions of the logo but I like the one on the shirts we got today more because the name part of the logo is completely unobstructed (not that the griffin head obstructs much of it to begin with). Also, they seem to like the griffin head excluded version most as they already have shirts for sale. :)

http://marketplace.cedarpoint.com/Tee-Adult-GateKeeper-Stats-P1032.aspx

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Can you put up a picture of the t-shirt? I haven't seen it yet and i'm curious as to what it looks like

Sure thing.

Close up: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/P8090371.jpg

Me standing next to ride layout, the other place where that logo is used: http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/P8100412.jpg

I like both versions of the logo but I like the one on the shirts we got today more because the name part of the logo is completely unobstructed (not that the griffin head obstructs much of it to begin with). Also, they seem to like the griffin head excluded version most as they already have shirts for sale.

http://marketplace.cedarpoint.com/Tee-Adult-GateKeeper-Stats-P1032.aspx

Wow, that one looks nice.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

I am buying one of those shirts from the store tomorrow. Has to be done.

They are selling the shirts in the park already?

I bet my left nut that this ride won't be ready for opening day in May.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I would take that bet, but I don't want it.

Let's Get Weird.

^^It is B&M, we have a better chance of opening on time than if it was Intamin.

Last edited by Blimst,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service