Cedar Point 2012

I'll say that the markings I've seen look like standard maintenance markers.....nothing that would indicate a future attraction. But that's just me.......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Ensign Smith said:
You know, it's funny. I just saw the Lemon Chill Guy, and he had a stake up his ass. Guess he wasn't kidding when he said he had the inside scoop on the new ride...

Wow, I needed a good laugh!!!

windixie06

I considered saying the 'inside poop'. But that might have been pushing it. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

TTD 120mph said:
These topics always seem to always pop up within days of the start of the season.

At least this year it waited until after the park opened. There have been multiple years these things popped up long before opening day.

Clevelandkid said:
Since we have a 2012 thread I'll mention that there is a survey nail with orange paint in the pavement by the Pet Farm across from the Frontier Trail restrooms

For 2012 Pet Farm is getting the world's tallest, fastest, steepest (and cutest) baby animal exhibit! :)

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Or hopefully not Intamin.

Yeah, the last thing CP needs is another crappy ride like Maverick, MF, TTD or WT!

Brandon

The yellow paint goes on for a pretty good distance, so I don't think they are for the floats.

The survey nails (sometimes called PK nails) and markings certainly don't look like they are just for maintenance. I'm not saying they are for anything major by any means. I'm just reporting what I saw. Could be for a frontier themed Lemon Chill stand which would be major.

As mentioned by others, there are various utilty flags through out the park, which probably are just for the CP crews. Some are across the trail from the survey markings.

djDaemon said:

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Or hopefully not Intamin.

Yeah, the last thing CP needs is another crappy ride like Maverick, MF, TTD or WT!

I know those are just the worst! :P

It doesn't matter what CP builds for 2012 because the world is going to end anyway. ;)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

If Jesz is right WindSeeker may never even open. We only have until Saturday.

If you are curious to see for yourself, Doug has posted quite a few pics at point pixels in a folder he has dubbed "Project 2012". There seems to be quite a few in and around the Thunder Canyon area.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Those are the marks that I saw, plus quite a few more.

Thanks for the pictures.

I saw all those too. It will be cool to see how those play out.

djDaemon said:

I get it, you can make jokes about Intamin not making a working product, but no one else can.

And of course it's "early" in the season. I don't think that is a point that is missed by anyone. That said, speculation/discussion about how the park is going to evolve, what attractions may be planned, etc. is probably one of the top reasons (if not the top) people come to sites like this.

It's just fun. :)

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
If you are curious to see for yourself, Doug has posted quite a few pics at point pixels in a folder he has dubbed "Project 2012". There seems to be quite a few in and around the Thunder Canyon area.

Thanks!!!

It is very interesting ti see that thunder canyon is closed

Last edited by SSL488,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

It was sarcastic DJ. I love Intamin as much as anybody. Next time I'll add the ;).

Let's Get Weird.

Ralph Wiggum said:
At least this year it waited until after the park opened. There have been multiple years these things popped up long before opening day.

Which is surprising considering the deafening anticipointment from the Windseeker announcement.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Ensign Smith said:
You know, it's funny. I just saw the Lemon Chill Guy, and he had a stake up his ass. Guess he wasn't kidding when he said he had the inside scoop on the new ride...

You should throw your subtlety to the wind more often, because this is much funnier than usual.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Tallest, fastest B&M wingwalker or Intamin like Furious Baco? Maybe the first 5D rollercoaster? But, I'm crossing my fingers for an Intamin pre-fab woodie like El Toro. Will they modify Mean Streak like Texas Giant? How about an Intamin launched woodie?!?!

Jeff said: You should throw your subtlety to the wind more often, because this is much funnier than usual.

I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service