Cedar Point 2012

Due to the fact of Cedar Fair's financial problems, do you guys think there will even be a new ride next year? I'm only 17 and don't really know what is going on financially, I just know that they are having some problems.

I noticed that after the addition of Dragster they didn't have a new ride the next year. I was about 10 years old then so I don't know anything about why they didn't have anything new. Was that due to financial troubles? Or was it because of other reasons?

I'm hoping for a new roller coaster next year just as nuch as the next person. However, I don't think we are going to see a new one for a while... Cedar Point has seemed to get a new coaster about every 4 years so we will just have to see I guess.

It does seem that Cedar Point has turned more towards the family scene with the addition of Planet Snoopy and Shoot the Rapids. (Anyone who says that STR was a fail is an idiot. I think it's great). I believe that if we did see a new coaster next year, it wouldn't be a huge scream machine. It would be a 'more tame' roller coaster. One that families would enjoy.

What do you guys think?

Some times they do not add a new ride, but fix up the park some instead. For example, one year instead of adding a new ride they added Planet Snoopy to the park.

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

So would you see them just fixing up some parts of the park? Or is it too soon to tell

For big fix ups they do it in the off season, just like they would a ride.

Oh I see.

Jesz said:
For example, one year instead of adding a new ride they added Planet Snoopy to the park.

So instead of adding one new ride, they added nine new rides. :)

lol Ok you got me. :) I knew someone who be better at answering his question. haha.

Chris -- though technically, they weren't exactly 'new'. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

And lets not forget the type of planning that goes into a coaster. We're talking years of planning and lots if money. Wouldnt be smart financially to add a coaster every year. Take comfort in knowing that when we do get the next one, it'll be something that wasnt rushed.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Since we have a 2012 thread I'll mention that there is a survey nail with orange paint in the pavement by the Pet Farm across from the Frontier Trail restrooms and one near the TC viewing platform. There is a survey stake in the trees on the "island" inside the TC channel loop. There is some yellow paint on the frontier trail too, maybe a gas line.

I have no idea if this means anything much or what. Just a little fuel for the speculation fire. Check it out.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

TTD 120mph said:
Take comfort in knowing that when we do get the next one, it'll be something that wasnt rushed.

Or hopefully not Intamin. :)

Let's Get Weird.

TTD 120mph said:
And lets not forget the type of planning that goes into a coaster. We're talking years of planning and lots if money. Wouldnt be smart financially to add a coaster every year. Take comfort in knowing that when we do get the next one, it'll be something that wasnt rushed.

I understand that they can't get one every year. I'm not one of those kids who cry and complain when they dont get a coaster.

and cleveland kid

I'm not positive but i think the yellow line might be for the floats for the star light experience. I haven't seen the yellow lines yet, but I know they put them out on the midway for the Halloween floats.

I could be wrong though.

I would much rather like to think that these yellow lines are for something new :)

Does anyone even go to the petting zoo?? Whenever I pass it, I only see like 2-3 people in there. I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

I did see some sort of opening and foundation in the woods behind the first MF overbank. Not sure what it means or what it's for, and I didn't get a picture, but if you're driving perimeter road or you're riding the train, check it out.

I'll be sure to get some pics when I go and put them up here.

2012? Really? The 2011 ride isn't even open yet.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

These topics always seem to always pop up within days of the start of the season. As soon as I saw the various markers around the park, I knew there would be something on the forums within a day or 2. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

You know, it's funny. I just saw the Lemon Chill Guy, and he had a stake up his ass. Guess he wasn't kidding when he said he had the inside scoop on the new ride...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

TTD 120mph said:
These topics always seem to always pop up within days of the start of the season. As soon as I saw the various markers around the park, I knew there would be something on the forums within a day or 2. :)

Exactly.

Jeff, this topic was going to come up eventually. So what's wrong with it coming up now?

Anyway... if someone has any pictures on them, or is going to the park, try to get some pictures of these stakes and flags.

Last edited by SSL488,

I honestly wouldn't read too much into them. :)

I like reading into things though. Haha I love CP and love these kind of rumors.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service