Biking to CP in 2025

I searched this topic but the last hit was over 10 years ago. We're planning to bike to Cedar Point from the Detroit area next summer. I see that in the past that those on a bicycle were advised by CP to approach by Cedar Point Rd. and lock their bikes up outside the parking lot gate near the booth. Is this still the case?

jmpatrick -

Not sure what's going to happen when we roll up to the Point, but it looks like a lot of the trip from the Detroit area will be on bike paths. Ohio has an excellent bike path network that cuts across the state not far south from Sandusky.

MDOmnis -

A few years back, there was talk of some sort of bike/walking path that would connect the mainland to CP along with a rebuilt causeway - I don't remember the details, but the project has not happened (yet?). It may have even been announced before COVID. I am not sure what the status of it is now.

For now, the best chance is to probably ride out to CP on the chausee. Definitely do not try riding a bike on the causeway. I think it is illegal and even if it's not, it would be a death wish.

MDOmnis -

Found this article. I guess it was anounced in 2021, but it's going to happen over many years.

jmpatrick -

Thanks.

You must be logged in to post

Answers

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service