Best Discounted One-Day Ticket for 2011?

So there a chance that my girlfriend and I will be going to the park this Sunday, June 19. For the first time in three years, I'm not getting a pass, due to working full-time and having almost every summer weekend booked since the spring. I noticed that Cedar Point's website isn't offering anything that would offer a reduced price for that date, and likely won't before we would go.

So, does anyone know what the going prices are for Meijer, Giant Eagle Drugmart, etc. tickets this year? I know that in years past, AAA has offered a pretty good discount, but I don't believe the Sandusky AA has Sunday hours, and we want to keep things fluid, as we are taking her dad to Bier Market in Cleveland on Saturday, and whether we go or not depends on how we feel the day after ;)

Oh, we'd be coming from the Akron area, using the turnpike until at least Elyria. Thanks for any help.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Discount Drugmart has them for $41.99 according to their website. Which isn't really good of a price. I think each Giant Eagle has different prices. Have you checked AAA website I think they started offering online tickets now, that you can print at home.

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

AAA's online price is $38.50, or $9.50 off the current (recently increased) gate price. I'm not sure about Giant Eagle, et al. but in previous years I've found AAA to be the best discount available, with the exception of CP's occasional online specials. For example, this weekend you can get a $12 discount if you're in the military or safety services.

Last edited by birdman,

If you are going that route of a one day ticket on Sunday, you might want to consider the fathers day picnic at the point ticket which includes entry to the park and a meal. $49.99 http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission/tickets/deals.cfm

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I don't suppose you're police, fire, EMT or military (even retired/honorably discharged), are you? CP is offering $35 tickets for them this weekend.

My girl and I fell in love at CP and we plan to do it again every year for the rest of our lives.

Thanks for the suggestions. We ended up going to Lake Conneaut instead, which seemed to be better for our level of weariness. I'm looking at July 10 as another possible date for CP, so I'll probably try to get AAA tickets in advance for that.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service