August 8 2013, my first time at Cedar Point

My first time ever to Cedar Point, I've been going to Kings Island since it opened, so that is all I have to compare it too. I had heard a lot of bad things on here about the Fast Lane and how the wait times were not good, so I was expecting to have some wait times at a few rides. Here is my one day Cedar Point experience:

They opened the gates a little early and we went in and got our Fast Lane Plus passes for the day.

We went left and hit Raptor first. Waited about 5 minuets and rode in the middle of the train. Good ride, I enjoyed it.

Next we went to Mantis. About 10 minute wait and we rode in the middle of the train. OK ride, but a little bumpy for my taste. Only time we road that one.

Next we went to MF. We waited about 20 minutes to get into the station and then the yellow train broke and they took it off the track. First time, middle of the train, this immediately became my favorite coaster (that would change several times throughout the day).

Next was Maverick. About 20-25 minute wait and we rode in the middle of the train. Great ride, REALLY enjoyed it.

Next was Magnum and Corkscrew. The wait was about 15-20 minutes each and we sat in the middle of both trains. I did not care for either of these rides very much, but still they are coasters!

Next was TTD. Waited about 15-20 minutes and sat in the middle. This immediately became my favorite ride. So fast and high.

Next was Gatekeeper. About 15-20 minute wait, rode in the middle of the train on the left side. Really, really like this ride. Totally different kind of ride than I had been on before.

Next we went back to MF and waited 20 minutes to get to the station and then another 20 for front row. It broke again (yellow train was again removed after about 30 minute delay). After they ran a few trains we went on in front row. Wow, immediately became my favorite ride again.

Then we did Maverick. Waited 30 minutes to get in and then looked like about 20 min for front row but we got moved to the front because they needed 2 riders. I really like this ride, especially in the front row. Great ride!

Then back to TTD and waited 15 minutes to get to the station and another 20 for front row. Totally worth it. Front row of TTD became my favorite ride!

Next was Gatekeeper again, we waited 15 minutes to get to the station and then 20 for front row. We sat on the right side this time. WOW. What an experience. I highly, highly recommend front row right side for this ride.

Then we did Raptor front row and liked that one as well.

We then rode Iron Dragon (30 minute wait), not impressed but OK.

Then we road MF (blue train broke this time when we were in the station. 3-3 for breaking MF) waited about 30 minutes. Sat in the middle of the train again, wish we would have gone for the back, but maybe next time. Still great airtime and speed.

Last we hit Gatekeeper one more time and decided to do back row, left side (someone had told us it was good in the back). It was pretty good, but not as good as the front. Still a great, great ride.

We left at 8 after 16 coaster rides (we also got CP Fries, Pinks and some ice cream throughout the day).

Wow, this park is much, much better than KI. I don't know how to rank my favorite rides, but front row of MF, TTD and Gatekeeper were top 3 (Maverick was close behind), but not sure the order. They are all three such different rides. If you forced me I'd probably pick front row of TTD, then front row of MF as my 1-2.

One note in the Fast Lane, I don't know that I'll every do CP or KI without it. Also, I thought the lines for Fast Lane at CP were great, we did see some 1:30-2:00 waits (in the afternoon) for MF, TTD and GK, and we could get to the station in 20 minutes max with Fast Lane.

Great day overall and I will be back. It's a five hour drive for me, but well worth it.

Great trip report. Glad you had fun!

Cedar Point guest since 1974

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service