August 6 and 7 2013

Great two days....A few observations:

1. The $13 souvenir refillable pop was a great deal for us. We must have refilled it 15 times.
2. All rides were running great. MF appeared to be in top working order. I recall the trains sounding like tin cans a few years back.
3. Gemini still looks naked without its decals.
4. Gatekeeper was exactly what I expected. Great addition. I hope it's being we'll received by the general public because the lines are really short.
5. The bathrooms were very clean and updated.
6. What's with Skyhawk? I can't believe this isn't running yet. Any part that takes that long to get in must be major.
7. No one misses Shoot The Rapids. My recommendation would be to remove the drops and turn it into a floating dark ride.
8. The park needs a toddler area like they used to have in Snoopy's Boutique. It's now all retail.
9. More attractions are needed between 36" and 48".
10. Magnum is still an excellent coaster and is still probably my favorite.
11. The rain policy is a lot stricter than it has been in the past. Rides now shut down at the slightest drizzle.

I also got to see the Broadway show out of Jeff's recommendation and it did not disappoint. It was entertaining and the singing was also strong.

CPcyclone said:
11. The rain policy is a lot stricter than it has been in the past. Rides now shut down at the slightest drizzle.

How strict are you talking? Like I know usually MF will run 2 trains in rain (unless a downpour), same with Raptor, at least from my experience. What rides did you notice weren't running?

From what I observed...Magnum, Gemini, Corkscrew, Maverick, TTD, Mantis, Iron Dragon, and Gatekeeper shut down in a drizzle. I understood the Arrows, but I remember riding Mantis in a downpour in the past. MF, Raptor and Wicked Twister continued to run, however.

Go right through for MSU!

Hmm. Thats pretty similar to what I've experienced in the rain, so I must consider that 'normal'. That's weird about Mantis though. I do remember a ride op of MF telling us they got stricter in the rain. Supposedly on MF with two trains they can't send the load car until the unload station is completely clear of people, which seems a little ridiculous to me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service