Aug 23, 2020

Good morning y'all!

Quick check in, was out at the park yesterday and was very happy to see how things were going all things considered.

There's was definitely some shortages when it comes to staffing, they didn't open the sky ride until the end of the day, looks likey they were using it to funnel guests back to the entrance. A number of other rides and food locations were closed as well.

Staffing shortages aside (although they may have effected this) they park was busy, by wait time I'd say the lines were approaching normal for this time of year.

Overall though things were running rather smooth, I was with a group of first time park goers and we got 7 coasters in, of the access pass coasters didn't get to do Steel Vengeance. We rode Millennium and Maverick first thing in the morning before access passes were required.

Chickie's and Pete's was slammed when we got there for lunch but service time was not horrible.

Their fall decorations are starting to pop up especially on frontier trail/town.

A great day overall and will definitely be back for their fall activities.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Hey TC, we were the 3rd people in line for Millenium Force yesterday, rode it twice by 11:15am, then one Rougarou walk-on followed by a Magnum xl200 15 minute or so wait, Gemini 5 minute wait, CCMR 5 minute wait. We knew it would be more lengthy after that, great time though.

That's awesome, we got to ride the first run of yellow train so not too far behind you for millennium.

DJ Fischer

Sunday was our first trip to the park this year. Daughter made plans to meet up with two of her friends there at noon, so my wife and I agreed to go over as well to let them check in with us through the day - they were three 13 year olds.

One of the girls is not a coaster rider, so they ended up just doing several of the flats. My wife doesn't do coasters either, so she and I mostly just walked around and jumped on a couple flats of our own - Lake Erie Eagles, Cedar Downs, Cadillac Cars, L&E Railroad...

We ate lunch at BackBeatQue and dinner at Panda Express. I was super impressed with the service and sanitation at both dining locations and also with the Eagles ride ops and the extent that they sanitized the ride in between circuits. But there was no sanitizing at all between rides on Cedar Downs or the Cadillac Cars (also none that I could see when the girls took a spin on Dodgem).

I was also super impressed at the way the Eagles ride-ops handled a group of handicapped riders that rode on the same round with us. One fella needed a good bit of assistance getting on and off the ride - he kept reaching for the ride-ops hand as he was trying to steady himself getting in. She kept trying to tell him she wasn't allowed to grab his hand, but she did all that she could to steady the bird and steady the rider.

For the most part, I was pretty happy to see most guests observing the mandatory masks and social distancing in queue lines, but there were a few very glaring exceptions. I suppose you can't expect everybody to follow the rules all the time. All I can say is that some people should be be allowed to have children.

I only observed one person smoking in the park during the entire six hours we were there - which I would consider a huge improvement over normal operation circumstances.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Sadly I notice a lot of people sneaky smokes throughout the park. Drives me up a wall.

DJ Fischer

In six visits to the park, including last Sunday, the 23rd, I have not noticed anyone smoking.

I see alot of people sitting on the boardwalk in between Breakers and the resort entrance smoking. It's not in the park, but still have to walk through it to go to and from park

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

So far these are the spots I've spotted the smokers, the boulders between valravn and classic cars, the ambulatory entrance for for thunder canyon, near the frontier town train station, the barnyard, The dragster midway between Magnum and corkscrew, The tables near toot sweetss on frontier trail, the observation platform for frontier fling. Those are where the most obnoxious ones I've noticed have been. Although I've been told I have the nose of a bloodhound for certain smells so I may notice some more so than others, smoke specifically makes me nauseous so it's very obvious to me when I'm picking up on it.

DJ Fischer

Completely forget to mention that main gate access times changed.

They held us at the tollbooth until 1000, and then opened the screening somewhere around 1015, and opened the main gate at 1130 after The National Anthem.

I was surprised.

DJ Fischer

You can actually get into the main parking lot earlier than 10. The furthest toll booths to the left are accessible, and once your pass is scanned you can enter the lot through several openings to the right.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service