9/17 9 rides in 3 hours.

Sooo tired. Here is the Cliffs Notes version.

8:45 Arrive
Magnum
Power Tower
Iron Dragon
Maverick
Power Tower
Top Thrill Dragster
Millennium Force
Maverick 2x front row 2nd time we were the only people on the train.

Last edited by PrawoJazdy,

The economy got better this year. Thats a good thing except when it comes to Cedar Point. The last two years, Emily and I could show up at the park on any given day and it would be mostly dead. We could walk right up to any station and wait less than 5 minutes for any ride.

Summer 2010 though sucked. People starting buying things and spending money... So they would all have the same idea and head to Cedar Point. Since the average family had to give up the big vacation and skip Disney, Cedar Point would be the next logical choice for those who prefer amusement over say a summer doing nothing in Traverse City or Tawas and boring the **** out of their kids. (I'm looking at you, dad.) So the lines this year got ridiculously long. I saw a 3.5 hour wait for Millennium this year. It stretched into the reserves under the last turn.

Last night it was like people forgot the park was even open or all this talk of double dip recession has them scared to spend their pennies. Everything was a 5 minute wait. We did have to wait 15 minutes for Maverick at one point, but it was early and a lot of people flocked there. After that though, we could walk on it and be in the front seat and off the ride in less time than it took pound the beer I had in the parking lot and I drink quick when I'm rushing to get to the rides.

Granted it early in the fall portion of the season, and the earlier weekend you choose to go on a Friday night, the better. However it was deader than the Friday of the bonus weekend last year, you know, when Honda didn't have the money to rent the park.

The best part of the night was the last 11 minutes. We got two front row rides on Maverick in that time. For me this is unheard of. Maybe you've experienced it, but I have not. The last ride it was only us in the train. Usually on nights like this, Millennium, Raptor, and Dragster will have short lines, but Maverick will still be at least 5 minutes.

All in all this was a great night. If we wouldn't have meandered all over the park from a ride in the middle to a ride all the way back in old timey town, we probably could have squeezed in one or two more.

I'm glad we didn't though. Because one or two seconds could have made us miss that last alone ride on Maverick.

It was the best night there in a long time.

Also... Thanks goes to Charles, whoever he is. The guy talking on the podium at Carnevil kept saying all the fog was from a creature in Carnevil who lit up a Havana. Thats a cigar to you younger folks.

Also want to thank the couple in the front row line of Maverick. The ride host made the last call comment where they tell you that if you're waiting in line for the front car, you may not be able to get that seat on the last train. They got out of line and headed to the back seat of another train. This allowed us to move up and catch the front row of the last train by ourselves.

Sept.17 WAS a good day,small crowd and good weather.

Did 4 MilleniumForce rides before 6pm(5pm early pass entry),enjoyed the park,did another MF ride about about 8pm,and then sometime starting at about 10:45,did 10 TopThrillDragster up until closing to finish the day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service