8/8/16

My daughter got an unexpected Monday off of work, so I called in a personal day myself and we headed down to CP. Despite the fact that we're Platinum Pass holders, we haven't been since the first "official" opening weekend because things have been either chaotic or too hot.

We were backed up on the cause way for ages, so I said that I'd spring for FL or FL+, which we don't normally do. When we finally got near the gate, someone was walking down the lanes of cars collecting money. I pulled out my pass and she said "You're good" and waved me through.

We ended up parking around back, which I prefer, and we headed in to pick up our FL+.

Imagine my surprise when she asked if we were Platinum Pass holders - now, I haven't bought FL+ since a trip in 2013, but the prices yesterday were $73 and $93 and we got $40 off each FL+ and ended up just paying $106 for the two of them.

They sold out, though, and some of the FL lines were too long for us to bother - we rode Maverick right after that with little to no wait, but later in the evening when we were back over there again, the FL line was 45 minutes. We never rode Valravn because their FL line was up near an hour, as well.

But we had a lot of fun on a bunch of different things and we got to do the Iron Dragon VR test, which I absolutely loved. I know it's August, but I really wasn't anticipating the crowds we came across, but the FL helped tremendously. I've got some health issues so we took the day slower than we usually do - we walked over to Famous Dave's for lunch and had a leisurely lunch, we rode the train all the way around to take a break, we probably hung out for a half hour waiting for our IR VR time, etc, and I still feel like we did a lot of things. (And according to my Fitbit, we walked almost eight and a half miles.)

Other than being slightly disappointed at how long the FL lines were for the big rides, we had a great time. But I'll probably wait until September/October to go back.

Yikes! Makes me a little nervous about my trip coming up on the 28th/29th. Thanks for sharing!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service