8/31/08 my goodness that place is packed

Just about every space in the front of the park was taken, all the way to the far exit of the Chaussee. Ventured around to Soak City lot, same thing there. It was almost as busy as July 4th. I was suprised as I thought it had been said before that holidays are not usually as crowded as one would think.

The lines for Dragster, Millie and Maggie were about the normal wait as any other day so I have no idea where everybody was hiding. No wait at all for Blue Streak or any of the flat rides. Hoping tommorrow will be less busy. Great thing about living right down the street, you can always come back tommorrow. I think I have worn out the barcode on my pass this year.

Wow, it was packed and really hot in the sun. By 3:00PM I couldn't take anymore and decided I'd picked a really bad day to visit the Point if I wanted to ride anything and not get frustrated waiting in very very long queues. Ah, the luxury of season passes...

Ironically, when I took my daughter there yesterday, it wasn't horribly packed. Busy, yes, but not intolerably so. I originally intended to take her today, so I'm glad our plans changed.

We got there at 1:15 in the afternoon, and parked up by the 28E sign.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Usually on a holiday weekend, the middle day (Sunday) is the most packed. Hopefully it will be quiet tomorrow, I know it usually is but Ill find out first hand.

I was there as well. And saw 45min wait on Blue Streak and 30 min on Gemini With everything else around normal times.
But ERT at 11 for the reunion was awesome, only ever waited once for one train the rest was get off race to get on the train in front of you. Gotta love it.

Last edited by Jeremy1999,

SkyRide Refreshments 1999
Surrey 1999

I was there also yesterday. It was very crowded, but we still managed to get a high coaster count....

Millennium Force - 1.5 hours
Gemini - 40 minutes
Top Thrill Dragster - 1 hour
Power Tower (Space Shot) - 5 minutes
Blue Streak (Twice) - 10 minutes
Maverick - 1.5 hours

Most of the major coasters had quick moving lines. Maverick's wait was a typical wait that you'd find on any summer day. The weather was nice and the parking lot was full.

You could see most of the Halloweekends decorations coming out. The moving box on the midway is a nice advertiser for Halloweekends. I think it was an overall good day for the park, and yet, even an enjoyable day for the parkgoers, including the employees getting "Back to the Point"!

Jeremy1999 said:

But ERT at 11 for the reunion was awesome, only ever waited once for one train the rest was get off race to get on the train in front of you. Gotta love it.

Oh, and love it I did! I rode only twice -- didn't want to push my luck too hard because I *do* have a history of neck problems. First time (and my first time on MF, I might add), I took the front car. Wowee! Speeding through that gorgeous summer night -- yeah. It was good.

So, naturally, I trotted around & got in line again, but for a no-wait car.

My picture is hilarious. My hand obscures my face, but you can see I'm wearing my T-shirt from 1976, so what the hell- I had them send it to my e-mail.

But the guy who helped me was really cool. I kvetched about the cheesy graphic, since it obscured the fact that we were in *the front car*, so he blipped out the graphic, and it looks great.

I had a fabulous time. How did you like the chicken dinner? Did you go to the Sat. or the Sun. one? And were you in on either of the group photos at the Wildcat? (I hate the poison-green-and-grape-jelly-purple color scheme they're using now.) I missed both of them. I was out seeing the changes of the past 30 years, and talking with current employees. I hope I didn't bug them too much!

And yeah, it was mobbed yesterday! I wish I had been there all day Fri. when attendance was light.

Shirt Shack 1975
Blacksmith Shop 1976

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

My wife and I were there on Sunday too and it was very busy. We stayed in Camper Village and it was full. We rode Maverick, Millie, and Magnum (only ran 2 trains all day) then we spent most of the rest of the day at Bubbles in Soak City, which was also busy. We ventured back into the park around 6:30 and took in a show at Red Garter. It was nice to see the park busy.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service