8/30 visit

We arrived on time and enjoyed 2 early entry rides on MF. I noticed TTD was testing earlier than normal(good sign?)We then headed over to GateKeeper for a 1/2 hour wait. I chose the left side-my favorite! The ride was great, as usual, but it also gives me a view of the parking lot. Let me tell you-by 10:45am, it was almost full! This gave me the image of every line being long, all day. Two trains were running all day, to occupy the crowds. We opted to try Chickie & Petes(?) for a quick bite. So-so food/ prices in my opinion. The crab fries were ok. The fries themselves could of been thicker cut, but the cheese sauce was a nice touch! We than began our normal rotation of rides-ALL being walk-on. This was surprising as the park was very crowded. We walked over to TTD. My daughter loves the ride, but I wanted to warm her up for our night ERT. It was down to mechanical problems with 4 men visibly working on launch side. Magnun was next in line-walk on again! After exiting ride, TTD was running, so we dashed over and was riding within 30 min., we got lucky there! It was now around 5pm and headed to the car for a break and refresh session! Got back into the park around 6:30pm. At this point, we didn't know what we wanted to do, as we've rode so much so far. After chatting in the car, the decision was made we'd try Max Air for the first time. Neither of us are big on rotating or spinning, but it was very fun! It was walk-on, but some time was wasted. After being loaded to ride, a fellow rider 15 seats over tossed some cookies. The whole ride was emptied, cleaned etc. But still worth the extra wait. I then decided to drag her into Camp Snoopy to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl. That was so fun, and embarrassing to her, but we laughed so much! I even visited the Arthritis Foundation booth, by MF and got a free shirt, and register for some great prizes.Mantis was next. I wanted her to ride it, so she could put all major coasters at CP under her belt. I rode it 17 years ago, but hoped it would be better. It wasn't any better, or fun for us. She even has a nasty bruise from the harness. We got in more repeats on Gemini, Magnum & Mean Streak(must be front seat) while waiting for night ERT. Sadly enough, TTD was being temperamental(again), and never got running by that time, so that was disappointing. We headed over to Maverick and got two rides in. This hadn't been rode by us at night yet, so it was very exciting. I think any seat on this is great, but we opted for front-well worth the wait! The park was crowded with people, but most lines we encountered were very minimal. What was everybody doing? Walking through the park, headed to car, late at night is so peaceful & interesting! November 2nd is going to be a sad day as we've had so much fun there this season!

Keep passing the fun along!

Sounds like a fun day! Making fun memories and relaxing- a perfect reason to be at the park.
Guess you're glad to hear the news today about Mantis!

^LOL..the news about Mantis doesn't surprise or disappoint me. I'm sure there are many that really enjoy it, it just wasn't what we enjoy. That being said-I can't wait to see what it gets transformed into! It'll be a long winter watching the live video cams!

Keep passing the fun along!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service