8/28/2014 trip with my family, featuring Witches' Wheel-induced sickness

Yesterday marked the fourth time I had been to Cedar Point (the first during HalloWeekends 2011, the second as part of a trip with my school in May 2012, and the third on August 2013). Along with members of the church we go to, we went as a family - my parents, my sister, and my brother.

Operating hours were from 10 AM-8PM on that day. Also, Ohio schools were apparently back in session. As a result, the crowds were quite light on that day, and waits were much shorter than they might have been earlier in the summer. The temperature was in the high 60s in the morning and evening, and the low 70s throughout the rest of the day.

I am also going to say that, until today, as much as I've loved going to Cedar Point, I have never had the courage to actually ride some of its bigger coasters, especially the ones that featured inversions. When we arrived, I started with Ocean Motion and Blue Streak, just to warm myself up for what the park had to offer. Next, I rode Iron Dragon. Both rides had very short waits, probably less than 10 minutes for the front seat.

After that, I got on the train and went to Frontiertown. There, I rode Cedar Creek Mine Ride, which again had a short wait. Next was Gemini, which was only running the red train on that day (according to the ride operator, it was due to low ridership; racing would now only be done on weekends).

After getting off Gemini, I met up with my family and church group at Coasters Drive-In at noon - although I was allowed to finally conquer my fear of inversions by riding Corkscrew. We then ate lunch, although I wasn't willing to eat a lot because I was afraid I would get sick.

Following lunch, while the others rode maXair, I rode Troika, which I found enjoyable. The wait for Troika was nonexistent, while I reckon the wait for maXair took less than 10 minutes (the others were one or two rides away by the time I got off Troika).

We then rode GateKeeper (featuring a wait that might have taken 15 minutes for the front seat), which, despite my initial fears, I absolutely loved (although the restraints practically murdered my hips). I was more willing to try other rides after that.

We went to Wicked Twister, which had the honor of being the first launched coaster I've ever ridden. I rode in the eighth row, left seat. There was a brief scare, however, when the ride was over: I tried to unfasten the belt that held the restraints down, but it was jammed. By the time I got it loose, the restraints had locked down again. Luckily, I had managed to get one of the ride operators' attention, and they got me out of the ride.

I decided to ride Raptor next, and I liked it almost as much as I liked GateKeeper. We worked our way to the rear of the park, where we rode Magnum. I've got to say: Magnum has the most disorganized station. You can hardly even tell which row the people in front of you are waiting for, and it seems to make waiting much longer.

After we got off Magnum, I was willing to ride Maverick next, but first we decided to ride Witches' Wheel. I came to regret it: that ride screwed me up completely. I had a headache, a stomachache, and I didn't feel like moving much. My parents figured it might have had something to do with the fact I hadn't eaten much that day, so we went to Chick-fil-A, where I got some chicken nuggets. That turned out to be a terrible idea: I threw up in the restaurant.

Although I felt better afterwards, I didn't feel like riding anymore rides that day, so I mostly walked through the Frontier Trail back to the front of the park. I had a little fun with the geysers on Shoot the Rapids, and I also got a new T-shirt.

Overall, despite the sickness that I felt late in the day, this day turned out to be the best one I've ever had at Cedar Point so far. Like all of my previous trips, however, the next trip was even better than the one before, so I expect the same to occur when I go again.

I don't know what it is about Chick-Fil-A. I also had a friend get sick (but not throw up, just queasy) from eating in there.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service