8/28/15

Hi guys, first post here, glad to join you all!! ^^
Now let's talk turkey. My family went to Cedar Point this previous Friday (a nightmare for me because I know how crowded it can get!!), but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasnt too bad.

Longest wait time and most interesting story was Maverick- we waited at first for about 25 mins. into a 45 min wait when the ride was closed because of someone losing their glasses (unconfirmed, but this is what I heard) and so Maverick was shut down for a good 45 mins, and we came back and rode it with only a 30 min. wait. The line was moving the fastest I ever saw it move!

MF felt like a walk on considering how long I've waited before, but was actually about 15 min. or so. Stellar ride as always c:

Front seat for TTD took about 25 mins, line was moving pretty fast earlier in the day. Later in the day, however, they had to shut it down for a little while (probably a wind problem).

The last time I saw Gatekeeper, it was brand spanking new, so it was a bit of a shock to see the building covered in mayflies, but still a great ride; only waited 5 mins. at park opening and 25 in the evening. And why did they go from three seats on each side to two? It looked like it was working fine when I was there before, can anyone explain?

Magnum XL has gotten super jerky lately, and I felt like I was about to be launched out of my seat many times (and not in a good way!), but it was walkon and I just had to. Such a shame it didn't age well.

And how could I forget CP's latest, Rougarou? Wait time was about 15 mins, pretty good. As someone who had a real distaste for them changing from standup to floorless, I was pretty surprised by how alright it was. The headbanging is never fun, but all in all, much better, and I like the color scheme a lot better than Mantis! I'm mostly just glad the ride doesn't glitch out at the end anymore, leaving you just before the queue for a good 10 minutes >:(

All in all, a great time. Can't wait to come back asap and ride again c:

Ari Xavier said:

The last time I saw Gatekeeper, it was brand spanking new, so it was a bit of a shock to see the building covered in mayflies, but still a great ride; only waited 5 mins. at park opening and 25 in the evening. And why did they go from three seats on each side to two?

GateKeeper has always been 2 on each side.

Last friday and there were fish flies? That's pretty late in the season.

^ oh, they're still out and about. Ask the girl who rode front seat on Miennium last night.

I was in the very front of the line for Maverick when it shut down this day.

3 different employees came over to explain that they shut the ride down to look for someone's glasses because they needed them to drive home and couldn't wait until the end of the night. They told her too bad, but she kept complaining until they contacted an area supervisor, who said to shut down the ride.

They never found the glasses, but when they came back, they couldn't get Maverick to turn back on. They had to call some maintenance people, and they were manually moving trains around. Finally, got it running and tested it a few runs and we got back on.

She lost her glasses on Maverick? Why would they even dispatch a train if a rider still had glasses on?

I wish I knew. People were rather upset about it.

Maybe they assumed she had a strap on them. Of course they should have been asking or looking.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service