8/22 -- Starring: The guy in the cape

We started out by getting TTR tickets at 11:30. The line stretched all the way back past Toot Sweets to the tunnel after it, but it was only about a 15min wait. The tickets were 1-2 PM
Iron Dragon: Actually better than I remembered it (possible because that was the first coaster I rode this year.) 10min wait
Corkscrew: 15min wait. I would wait 15 minutes for this, if only for the airtime hill. Better than people made it sound!
Scrambler: The op was moving VERY slowly. So slowly, that a line that was about 15 minutes long (!) formed! Coming out, we saw a man with a cape on getting filmed by a TV or movie crew. What could this be for? We checked the mantis line, about 1:15 so we decided to wait.
MF: We got in line around 1:30.The line was an hour long, even with tickets. About halfway through, the DJ came and started by saying “We are in the middle of no Brittany or N-Sync hour.” That was the loudest cheering I heard all day! About 15 minutes later, it stopped for a while then ran a few empty trains (why would it do this?) We were afraid it would close but it started again. One thing that I don’t see much about in trip reports is how the station tends to scare people. That surprised me more than any other part of the ride. I think it has more to do with making people cry than the ride itself does! Right before you enter, a train passes right next to you moving over 40 MPH. The station is darker than the outdoors. It’s not crowded, you’re the only ones in it. You don’t see the train unload. The music and autospiel’s voice give a weird “alien” feeling to it. There’s the station lighting. The motorized gates that let you in. Basically, everything screams high-tech the way that other rides don’t. The ride was great, but was over way too fast! The elements come so fast, you can hardly tell what you’re going through!

Lunch: We got popcorn chicken at a place near midway market. It was great and worth the money
Ocean Motion: Walk-on.
Raptor: About 45 minute wait. The queue for the front was closed so I took back-left. Coming into the cobra roll, my head wasn’t touching the shoulder harnesses, then it snapped back. Whiplash. Ouch – my neck still hurts! I guess I should have kept against the back like they said.
We rode chaos and then went to power tower. The sign said 45 minute wait, but the space shot side wait was only 5-10 minutes! A lot better than turbo drop, but it would have been better if the bounces weren’t so “gentle”
Corkscrew: We wanted to ride Corkscrew again, but it was closed. We were talking to the supervisor earlier (someone I was with knew her), and she said that her break started around 5, which was about the time that it closed. Did it close due to lack of people running it, or was it a breakdown? I think it was down the whole night (which was only about 3 more hours)
Rode witches’ wheel. Gemini was a literal walk-on to the station, but the station was packed with hundreds of people so it wasn’t that short of a wait.
Antique cars: I rode this so I could eat my dippin’ dots, but I finished them in line because it moves so slow! There was a little kid who didn’t stop at the stop sign, came into the station at full speed, and slammed into the car in front of him, who had an op stopping it. Oops! The kid looked pretty scared after that.
Mantis: The wait was about 45 minutes. When coming up the stairs, about halfway up, someone got spit on by someone on the ride, yuck! I locked my knees, which seemed to minimize the pain. I tried halfway locking them, but that just made them get pushed to a bent position, so locking them seems to be the better choice. I doubt I’ll ride it again, how can you enjoy a ride when you’re concentrating the entire time on how not to get hurt? I actually spotted the stacking brakes before we hit them. I thought the sudden stop was actually the coolest part of the ride (but only if you know it’s coming!) We then moved to the stacking brake closest to the station, and stopped for about 5 minutes while one train was stuck on the lift and one in the station. It started up again though.
Iron Dragon: We wanted to grab a quick ride before we had to go home. The other seats were walk-ons so we waited for the front. It would have been a 5 minute wait, but some weird was going on. I heard one of the ops yell “She’s going to get hit by the train!!!!” Another op ran down to the restricted area behind the station. The piece of track I’m talking about was one right before the pretzel. You can see it if you are looking at the track in the station and you turn around 180 degrees, looking down to the stony area where the track is really close to the ground. Apparently, the woman was walking around down there and was nearly hit (at least, the ops seemed to think so, but I don’t know how close that train gets to the ground.). She must have been drunk or something, she was alone and looked like she was about 40. That was a 5-minute delay, and there was another delay while they helped a woman out of the train who looked like she hurt her back or something. So, the walk-on wasn’t quite a walk-on after all! The ride in the front was better than the other seats though. Joined the rush to the school bus so we wouldn’t be late (we came with the band.) The park closed a few minutes later at 8:00, ending my yearly trip to CP.
I saw that same guy!
Yea, the MF station does scare quite a few people. ALmost scared me the very first time ;) Also wonder how that woman got back there?! I will have to go back and re-read to see which section it was

-------------
Brian Z.
Hometown parks: Kennywood, Cedar Point!
Feel the Force NOW!!
i always thought the mf station was highly underated to. While most coaster stations are packed with people MFs is huge and spread out. And since they only let in the 32 people at a time it gave me a cool feeling like this was something special that i never felt on any other coaster. im glad im not alone in thinking this!
For some reason, it happens much to often, people go under a ride to find something missing. To detour this, Cedar Point's employees often have no problem getting an item that has fallen.

-------------
Dispatch Master, This is Transport one! I'm losing control, I'm losing control!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service