7/9/2014

We decided to head out to Cedar Point and arrived around 6pm. There were numerous hours of rain earlier in the day so I figured the crowds would be light and sure enough they were just that. It was very windy when we first arrived so Raptor, GK, TTD, Skyride etc... were all down.

My son like Iron Dragon so we rode that countless times and then headed over to the kiddie ride areas for our daughter. By the time we made it to the back of the park Maverick was running with about a 10-15 minute wait, MS was down. Gemini was a walk on, as was Pipe Scream so we rode both of those.

My son wanted to ride Gemini alone so my wife and daughter stayed back with him and let me go up to MF which was about a 10 minute wait. Ended the night by riding Magnum 4 times with my son.

The most interesting thing to me about this trip is that when we arrived at 6pm GK, Raptor, TTD, Skyride, WS, etc.. were all down. TTD was just opening around 930pm, Raptor and GK opened around 8pm from what I was told. I was very impressed that CP would open the rides that late in the day with only 30 minutes left until park closing. When we were walking out even the Skyride was up and running. Is it normal for CP to do that? I was very impressed that they not only opened so many rides close to park closing but also left some open until at least 1020.

All in all it was a great few hours at the park, hopefully we can do it again soon!

Last edited by JUnderhill,

Don't you mean 7/8/2014? Because today is the 9th. CP will open rides even if it's just for a few minutes. I seem to recall someone on here saying that Maverick opened AFTER park closing to get the few people in who wanted to ride it after it was down the whole day.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It was an awesome day! We have passes so we waited out the rain and headed up around 2. The park was empty, and weather was fall like (Breezy) but warm. We enjoyed some old favorites and saw some new things too (glass blowing demonstration, wheels show, and dinosaurs- son enjoyed the dino dig but the rest was a waste... I kept looking for remnants of paddlewheel excursions).

At one point during the day Iron Dragon was closed and several security staff were up by the gates and ride staff. I was afraid someone got hurt but it was opened later in the afternoon so it must have been something else.

It was a wonderful day!

Good catch, yes we were there last night so it should have been 7/8... I just looked at the date this morning when I wrote this.

I'm glad to hear that they do this on a regular basis. It's not something that they have to do but it is something that I notice and appreciate very much.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service