7/19-7/20 Light House Point

This is what I considered a 'freebie' weekend trip(even though my daughter & I are plat. pass holders).
My sister-in-law, from TN was in town for her brothers company picnic. He happens to work for North Coast Containers, the main sponsor of Luminosity. He reserved a new cabin for the weekend. We're local enough & they had extra room, and got invited etc...
We arrived @ Lighthouse Point by 8:30am, did 'pre-check-in', and waited for the normal early entry. The rest of the group started riding various rides at 8am, as that was one of the perks for their 30$(company event)tickets!! We rode MF while they walked back to meet us, as they just finished GateKeeper. We rode MF with them on their first ever ride. LOVED IT!!
After battling early rain, we had them pumped for TTD. But due to intermittent rain, it didn't happen.
My niece was dealing with a migrane and lucky for us the cabin was ready by1:30pm! The cabin was VERY well clean & thought out, but compact. Advertised to sleep up to 10 ppl, and it did. Just don't plan on anything else(gear)to fit in. 2 full baths with showers & tubs. Small queen master in back, 2 futons in living area & 2 queen mattresses up in a loft. All areas has great hdtv flat screens, alarm clocks, plenty of outlets and provided linens & towels. There is also a small area with dorm fridge, micro-wave & 4 cup coffee maker(and supplies for 2 pots). The area was landscaped nicely, and as were the views of park. We were near the back, cabin #144.

More rain, more of not deciding what we 'all' wanted to do, the group disbanded, and moved forward for 1 hour. I grabbed 3 teens, and headed out!The operating rides were mixed. We got to walk on ride Magnum & the Monster. They also rode Power Tower. We again headed to TTD as it was running again. After approaching the que, it was shut down again. Safety is very important, and we we're willing to come back.Decided to meet balance of group by Raptor-also shut down. By this time, it was close to 5:00pm, and their catered food was @5:30. My daughter & I headed to Fridays by Breakers Hotel. Average food & high prices. Side note- they don't accept 'corporate' coupons.

By this time it was 8:30pm, group dis-banned again.Several of us headed back to the cabin to freshen up and get drinks. Back in park we went by9:45pm. We skipped Luminosity & the beach party, heading straight to TTD. Finally got on TTD, after a quick 1hr wait-and well worth it, as my first night ride on it! Being with family & friends this night was awesome.
The extra perk happened after midnight! There was a perk from the for mentioned company picnic was ERT on MF till 1am(and later)!! We were given the opportunity to enjoy this with the rest of the group! Literally-any seat, any train-walk on and don't un-buckle unless you wanted too. I think we tried every colored train, seat, right, left, and even only 2 of us on a train-all just a wonderful experience!! The ride opps get a HUGE kudos! They were safe, awesome, kind & funny! We all got tuckered out and made it back to the cabin around 2am. After settling in, we made it to bed by 3:30am.
I woke up @ 8am getting first dibs on bathroom. We missed early entry, not getting back in park until 11am, but the earlier AM event made up for that! 2 of us squeezed in Magnum, Mean Streak, Gemini, GateKeeper, & a walk on the beach. Out the door by 4pm. Cabins are nicely appointed, but 'up to 1o ppl' is best for 6-8 ppl. There are bath towels, TP, tissue, and shampoo provided along with single 4 pot coffee supplies-that's it. You need/ want it...bring it. They are nice, but costly.

Last edited by Janeen Harris,

Keep passing the fun along!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service