7/17 Our first time back in 3 years.

So we finally made it back to CP after not being there since 2010. We parked in SC parking lot like usual, but the parking lot was packed not like usual. I hated having to go in July, but we are visiting family in Michigan (we are currently living near Savannah,GA). So this was the only time we could go.

We got to the park really late (2pm), which was upsetting but were determined to get as much riding in as possible.

We first went on Gemini, and the line wasn't too bad at all. I hadn't been on a coaster in so long that my body wasn't used to it. I usually love airtime, but this time my stomach had butterflies in it when we would go down a hill.

After that we went over to Magnum. This is my favorite, but no one else I go with usually likes it. They wanted to ride in the middle, and I agreed since I hadn't been on it in forever.

It was an awesome ride. I was laughing and smiling the whole time. I turned around to look at everyone's faces when we stopped and they all looked upset. I felt so bad. lol. No one liked it, but me.

I felt even worse when my sister said that she was really sick. :( She gets motion sickness and the sun always makes her feel not so good.

She said that she wanted to go lay down in the car, so we split up. I felt so bad for her, but she said she'd feel worse if we went with her and it ruined our day.

We went and rode Gemini again. This time in the front seat, and it was awesome. :)

From there we went to Skyhawk. The wait was about 20 minutes, but it felt like forever. Especially since every time I thought we were going to move up, fast lane guests would come into the line making us wait longer.

Finally we got on, and it was so much fun. Definitely worth the wait. It gave me butterflies in my stomach again though.

It's weird because a couple of years ago we went like 5 times in a couple of months. None of the rides effected me like that, because I was so used to them.

Now after being off of them for 3 years, everything felt different. Still fun, just different. I guess more thrilling even.

From Skyhawk we rode Wave Swinger, and then we headed back to meet my sister. We rode Gemini again and raced this time. I rode blue train and it beat me up.

By this time it was going on 5pm, so we were ready for dinner. My sister wanted some place air conditioned since she still wasn't feeling that great.

Everyone picked Johnny Rockets. The food was great, but the wait took forever!! We were out of there around 7pm. It took a lot of time up, but my sister felt better afterward so it was worth it.

We only had a few hours left, so we decided to split our group up since we all wanted to ride different things. My cousins and her boyfriend went one way, while my sister and I went another.

We headed back to Iron Dragon. My sister wanted to start off on something smaller. It was closed though because of rain..I think?

There were a few sprinkles here and there. Not even rain drops, light sprinkles. They weren't even constant either.

We decided to ride Skyhawk. It is my sister's second favorite, behind MF. When we got there, it was surrounded by police officers. The cable had snapped minutes before we got there.

It's scary to think that we could have been on it, if we had gotten done eating sooner. I know no one got injured, but that would have terrified me.

On our way back we rode Iron Dragon. Then the night was almost over so we headed towards MF. It was about an hour wait, but it was an amazing ride. We rode the red train.

We got off and ran back to the entrance, just before 10pm. We got the last ride of the night, and it was awesome.

We got stuck with the yellow train though. Usually we avoid that train, because it feels more rough to us. But we had no choice this time, since it was the last train of the night. It was rougher than the red train, but still amazing.

I was really bummed that we didn't get to ride a lot, so I went back a week later with my cousin. I'll write that trip report another day.

Every time I'm not at CP for a while, I think I am less obsessed. Until I go back, and the obsession starts right back up. I've been obsessed for about 12 years now. I don't think it's going to go away. lol.

They thought that not many people would show up. Therefore, on some coasters, only one train was running. You guessed it, lines got longer than they should. Gatekeeper, one train. Blue Streak, one train. Iron Dragon, one train. Even the Mine Ride, which 40 years ago my dad was able to walk on and off 30 times in a row because of a storm, took one hour. Stupid in my opinion.

Capacity, or lack thereof, in the park is not why several coasters were running one train. Whenever there are sprinkles in the area, Cedar Point will take several of their coasters down to one train or shut it down entirely. While I despise this policy, there's not much we can do about it other than complain.

-Miker-

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service