7/10-7/12 long tr by a first timer

I've mainly been a lurker for the last few months after planning my first trip to CP. I just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped with all the useful information. Anyways on to the report.
After a 9 1/2 hour drive from New York City to CP on the 9th, we shook off our malaze and headed for the park from the Sandcastle. It was quickly evident that Cedar Point was indeed a special place. From the magnificant coater skyline to the beautiful beach to the friendly and efficient staff to the short lines (except MF)and immaculate park CP is definitely a special place. Its what Coney Island should have been. I admired this place and am in awe of it knowing that nothing like it could be built here in New York. I envy you locals!
Anyways on to the coasters. Two early runs on Magnum to start the trip. That coaster seemed to me to be the equivalent of a mean bull which just tried with all of its might to throw you off. A great ride but the last two bunnyhils were a little rough as they gave me some light leg bruises from the airtime.
We headed down towards the main midway and did a turbo drop and space shot on power tower. I think the space shot is much better and would even say that to me demon drop is more intense than a drop on power tower. Next was corkscrew- I wasn't expecting much but was surprised by the nice airtime in the front on the first two drops.
After that the rain clouds opened and we went back to the hotel. After 2 1/2 hours, we looked out of our balcony -saw magnum was running and headed back to the park. We headed right to Mean Streak hoping that the recent rain would give it some extra umph and weren't dissapointed. Front seat rides are pretty fun (execpt of course for the firt hill break) as long as you keep your head forward and away from the headrest. We tried a backseat ride and I quicky vowed never again. After that it was on to the Mine ride-not bad for its type.
Then it was on to Gemini. Every park should have this type of ride- a just plain fun ride that can load the people in. It may not be the biggest, fastest or leave you in awe but every time I rode it I had a grin from ear to ear.
Although the rain picked up a little we headed towards MF-(which we planned to save to the end of the day) and decided to hit Iron Dragon. When the ride op said "welcome to CP's newest water ride" due to the rain-we thought she was just joking around. She wasn't. I think the cars must have been designed so all the water got filtered on to the top of my head. Not a bad ride for its type- but i could've done without the water.
After a brief trip back to get dry clothes- we headed towards the front of the park to hit Raptor which definitely caught me off guard. Earlier this year I hit Deuling Dragons and frankly did not think it was all it was cracked up to be. I was beginning to think that B & M inverteds were getting a bit predictable and dare I say boring. Raptor dispelled that notion in a hurry. A front seat night ride was unbelivable-pure intensity with no let up whatsoever. Since its my theory that a front seat ride on any inverted is good- I tried the back row to see if Raptor was really that good. Once again it blew me away from the backseat. What an awsmome coaster.
From there we hit demon drop-I really like first generation free falls. Then it was on to Mantis. The thing that surprised me about the coaster is how much more intense it is on the end seats then in the middle seats. The headbanging on the end seats(especially at the corkscrew) was much more intense and was borderline painful. This is the only 4-across ride where I'd actually prefer a middle seat.
Then it was on to the big finale-Millenium Force. It seems that they were having a lot of problems monday night. They were running one train and were alternating between the red and yellow train several times. Although the line was not that bad at 10:45 (we were right before the soda machines) we waited until 12:45 to ride. We jumed in car 5-1 and all I can say is wow! The first drop is insane. Unlike other hyper drops where the car lifts you up out of your seat, the MF drop pushes you down into the restraint and at the 80 degree section it really feels like you jumped out of an airplane and are heading straight down. Plus I counted three spots of very good airtime that really launch you out of your seat. What an unbeliveable ride-especially in the dark with a light fog hanging around the park.
On Teusday we hung out at the hotel and hit Soak City. Soak city was small and I'm not a waterpark person so Iwasn't overwhemled(although the swim up bar was pretty good). A day siting at the beach and hoisting a few at Fridays would've worked the same for me.
Wedenesday was a marathon day for me at the park. Knowing it was my last day (and my last time to get to CP this year) I was determined to stay the whole day at the park. After an early morning MF run(where 3 train operation quickly became 2 train operation as the blue train went out of service and the train before mine got stuck at the top) we headed to Blue Streak- a nice and peppy little coaster. Then it was back to MF to get our ticket to ride and then a quick ride on Wildcat- a coaster that was a lot of fun and was surprised by how intense it was considering how small it is. Wildcat may seem small but its definitely earned can't miss statis.
After hitting some of the same rides from the day before-we finally got back to MF at 1:15 for our ticket to ride and quickly observed what many had been complaining about concerning the TTR system. We got on line and once again the MF gremlins had reared their ugly head. We waited 1hr 45 minutes and the people who got in line at 2pm looked to have another hour wait.
After another unbelievable MF ride, we hearded to Disaster Transport which was the only coaster that trully disappointed me. The scenery was weak and the ride was way too short. Some of the turns in the dark were ok- but there were too few of them.
After that it was time for some night rides on Raptor and Magnum before ending our trip on what else?-- MF of course. That coaster is simply amazing.
Anyways CP is an amazing place- so good I actually bought a souvenier- one of those MF hats. I'm already thinking about next years trip.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service