6/3/14 - First trip of the year with little or no sleep

I don't even know if I slept last night. I tossed and turned alot last night. I think I could've maybe slept about an hour or 2, but I'm not sure.

Now onto the CP trip report. Me and my sister went up to the park today, we got there for early entry. Millennium Force was down, so we headed back to Maverick which was running, very little wait right in the station. Then we checked back at MF, still down but waited about 15 minutes for it to reopen. The early entry was kind of a waste because at that point it was 10:00.

Then we headed back to Skyhawk, very little wait, nice ride. Never got to ride it last year because it was down most of the season. That was also my first time on it and it wasn't a bad ride. It was just a little scary looking at the pavement.

From Skyhawk, we went to Pipe Scream. The ride was a walk-on. Overall, PS was a great ride, it was better than I expected it was a nice thrill. It's a ride that will be in my regular rotation from now on. After PS, we went to Coca-Cola Freestyle for a drink and my sister stopped for a smoke break.

Next we went to Magnum. Only about a 5 minute wait. The ride was a little rough. I hit my knees a few times. And my sister said she got a headache from it. I had no problem with it, but my sister may be done with that ride.

After Magnum, we hit up Power Tower. We waited about 25 minutes for it. There was only one tower on each side running. This was another first for me today. Fear of heights is what kept me from riding it, but my sister talked me into it. I kept my eyes closed for a part of it. We went on the drop side.

We were going to go on Wicked Twister, but since there was a 30 minute wait and I can't always get the restraints to lock, it would be disappointing to wait all the time for me to do the walk of shame. So we went to Gatekeeper instead. Approximately 25 minute wait. It was stopped on the lift hill when we got in line and a ride op was going up the steps, possibly someone bringing a camera on the ride. Good ride.

Then we went to Raptor, waited an hour for it. Good ride. From there we called it a day. It was about 2PM and we got in everything we wanted to do. TTD was down, most likely due to wind. Disappointing because I wanted to ride it today. Mean Streak was also down. I like MS, but no biggie. Windseeker and Sky Ride were also down. I never ride those, so that doesn't bother me.

Overall, for what we accomplished in that amount of time, I think it was a decent day despite my sisters headache and my lack of sleep. Still don't feel all that tired. I got a sunburn on my face. It was starting to get hot when we left. I'll be going up with a friend next Wednesday, June 11th as long as weather is good.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

On Wicked Twister, there are test seats to sit on right before you enter the queue line. Unless there is no seatbelt on the test seat, I can't remember.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I know about the test seat, but WT always gives me mixed results. Sometimes I fit and sometimes I don't. I think the seat belts are inconsistent.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The past year or so, I haven't been able to use the rear seat buckle. Usually I'll sit toward the back or the front. However, this year I sat in the middle of the train (forget where exactly) but it somehow reached the back. So, they definitely seem to be inconsistent on WT.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service