6/30/13 Surprisingly Successful Day

Today I decided to take my friend to The Point, for her first time. I was a little leery that it would be a bad experience, as the morning weather report had 40-50% chance of rain all day, but as we were driving we realized that Sandusky was going to be clear, though unsure how long.

We got to the park right at opening, and made our way to Gemini. Sadly, only the red side was running as it was early, so we didnt get the full racing experience. Despite that, it was still a good first ride, and walked right on. After getting off of Gemini, we headed to Magnum, also walked on. Next we headed over to Maverick, and waited about half an hour, including front seat. It was very entertaining because she didn't know about the 95 degree drop, or second launch. Then we went to Mean Streak, where I saw Mean Streak Henry. My friend had high hopes for this ride, only to realize its a disappointment.

After getting off of Mean Streak, we took the train over to Millennium. I was surprised that we only waited about 35 minutes, but had an amazing ride as usual. Next we went over to Mantis with 10 minute wait. All I can say is now I remember why I don't ride that often. I did not get sick on it, but it was not a very enjoyable ride. On to Iron Dragon, also a short wait. I had forgotten that there aren't bins on this ride, and attempted to hold my drink cup between my feet only to end up spilling half of it.

Lunch time! Simple PB&J, cheapest route, avoiding high costs for mediocre food. When we went back into the park, I got the brilliant (not really) idea to ride some water rides. We first went to Thunder Canyon which was walk on. Luckily we only got hit by one waterfall, as we soon regretted going on. Then I was stuck with another brilliant idea, why not ride Snake River Falls? I kinda forgot how wet, or should I say soaked, you get. After being miserable wet, we went to the Mine Ride, and SkyHawk to dry off, It was disappointing to wait 45 minutes for SkyHawk, but as always an enjoyable ride.

Next we headed to the front of the park, hoping to ride WindSeeker, Wicked Twister and GateKeeper. Unfortunately WindSeeker and Wicked Twister were down (where's my 8 cents?!) We waited about 35 minutes for front right seat of GateKeeper, and this was one of her favorites. I also managed to get an awesome picture. After getting off, we went to Dragster and waited 30 minutes.

At this point, we were just about done for the day. We rode Blue Streak, then Millennium a second time, again an amazing ride. Then before leaving, we did a lap around the park people watching, which is always fun. Overall it was a successful day, and first trip for my friend.

I'd also like to say, the ride ops were on fire, even if the crowd wasn't. The enthusiasm level was higher than I'm used to, and a lot more jokes were told, great job to any ride ops reading this,

Let me continue on. We got to the park at 4:30. Windseeker and Wicked Twister were down. Waited 30 minutes for GateKeeper, a 1 cycle wait for maXair, walked on Raptor then under 30 for TTD. Magnum, Gemini, Mean Streak all walk on. Passed on the posted 45 minute wait for Maverick. A full train through Boneville, then a quick bite at Panda. Riding Iron Dragon, we saw no line for TTD. The line was just out of the station. Back to back rides in less than 20 minutes. Under 30 for Millennium Force,then a no wait Sky Ride to the front. A short 1/2 stairway wait for GateKeeper finished the night just before 10.
I love Sundays at CP.

Last edited by t2fastspin,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service