6/11 report

Hi everyone. I've been reading these forums for the past 2 years, so i finally decided to register and do a trip write-up. This particular trip was planned months ago, but the weather forecast has been hit or miss for the past few weeks,especially with 'high winds' shutting down rides from what I've seen on Facebook & Twitter via complaints to Tony.
We arrived just before 9am, i have a platinum pass and the person with me used my bring a friend ticket. Stood for the national anthem and then proceeded in for early entry. The wind was a constant 10ish mph to the w/sw all day,so i was concerned about closings. The only ride closed for the wind was windseeker, no big loss.
We went straight for rougarou since it was the first time we'd rode it since the transformation. First impression is that it's quieter than mantis, and looks to move faster. I was quite happy after riding it, it's smoother and more intense, although the 2nd half of the ride is still just so-so in my opinion. I think they invested well with the transformation. Next up was M.F. it went down when we got to the unload station, but we waited and it was back up within 5 minutes. Exhilarating ride as always,especially for my guest who hasn't been to the point for a few years. We hustled to maverick next and got a fast ride in there with maybe a 5 minute wait. Walked on skyhawk, then Gemini, & also hit gatekeeper right as ERT ended at 10am. Rest of the day was spent doing laps and riding whatever we came across with 30min or less waits.
Dragster had major problems all day. It was also platinum passholder night for dragster,I'll touch on that later. It broke twice on different occasions when we were in the station literally 2people away from getting rides. It kept having roll backs all day. They did finally fix the 3 or so magnetic brake fins that kept staying stuck up near the entrance,but it still had issues. We got the 1st ride of the day in at 1035PM before ERT but after park close because of a roll back causing some issue right around 1015pm. Once ERT started around 1045PM, we got a bunch of rides in but left at 1130pm before they shut it down for the night due to some foot blistering issues.
We did the all day dining plan for my guest, as well as using my pass dining plan and a souvenir cup. Worked out very well. The foodservice was better this year vs last year. Food quality was what I expect for CP. The souvenir cup wasn't an issue all day as far as not being able to bring it in line, we marked it 2 different ways and stashed it near the exits on the coasters that don't allow them in line, retrieving it post ride. (That is THE ONLY good thing about my local 6flags, they have cup holders in all the coaster stations)
Ride count was as good as it could be without fast pass, although maverick kept a 45 to 60min wait all day, until almost close. Also, don't wear brand new shoes and walk around CP for close to 15hours, my feet let me know how unhappy they were by diner time. We had loose plans to return for an all day trip Friday also, since we're 6.5hours away (northern IL), but between the 80-100% chance for heavy thunderstorms (which were inbound from Indiana on the radar) and some severely angry feet, we decided to call our 1 day good enough. The kicker is that it never actually rained in Sandusky Friday according to the weather stats i looked a few days later. Oh well. Shoot the rapids was running for most of the day. Those new restraints on maverick rock too fyi. My Favorite ride in the park. Mean streak was outvoided, but from being back there once in the afternoon, it sounded rough but looked to maybe be running without the trim. Think that's it.

Great report! I won't be able to (hopefully) make my almost-yearly trip until probably October, when the lines are niiiice and long. But I can't wait to try out Maverick's new restraints.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service