400 Feet..NO WAY

I've got to be the only member on this site that feels 400 feet is not a realistic possibility. Here's my observations, please correct me when I'm wrong, but don't be a sarcastic coaster NUT who thinks they know it all, ( but really don't ) while doing it.

1. From the PT web cam (300 feet), it looks like it's the same height.

2. The 7th catwalk seems in-line with the PT cam and if the GROSSY overestimated height of 55 feet per catwalk, which would make it now 385 feet, was reduced to 45 feet per catwalk, you're now at 315 feet.

3. The ride is already coming to a point ( no more catwalks), so it appears it's capping off, maybe 30 or more feet is left.

4. With that extra 30 feet, ah make it 50 feet for the tophat, that leaves us at 365 feet

Bottom Line. NO WAY are we getting 400 feet. I hope I'm wrong ??.....??......??...??.........

------------------
see ya at the point........

Jeff explicitly stated it would be 400+ over at Coasterbuzz. I trust his word when it comes to new rides. He has nothing to gain by deceiving us. If anybody has the link, feel free to post it.

------------------
Joshua Wilcox

Oh, so because JEFF says it's gonna be 400 feet, that's bible, prove it (he nor you can). Use your own thoughts from the web cams and tell me what YOU think, NOT what Jeff says.

------------------

It WILL be over 400.

Just because the tower stops doesn't mean the track will. Just look at Xelerator: http://twistedrails.com/kbf/jun23-08.shtml

And yes, Jeff said 400-450.

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335

Saying that the tower looks as high as the PT web cam is much less of an argument than the fact that Jeff said it would be over 400 feet. It is simply too hard to "tell" from a web cam how high it is - however, you can use the horizon to determine height in a 2d picture of a 3d thing. I believe Mach1 did it all a while ago, and came up with the tower being around 350 feet, not 300 as you say.

Also, if you were here long enough you would know to trust what Jeff says. He says it will be over 400, and it will be.

And if you want to keep persisting that it will not make 400, then I hope CP makes the annoucement soon so we don't have to bother with topics like this anymore.

------------------
L-TH-TW-B... "Meh"
Wicked twists: 11

I've seen Xelerator, but I feel this is going to be different. Xelerator has 2 towers approx. 150 feet and this has 1. There doesn't appear to be enough support for the track to extend THAT much higher than the tower.

I agree, but what are we gonna talk about?

------------------

Plus, the fact that you want an annoucement soon only proves that even YOU doubt the 400 foot height.

------------------

Alright, then take a look at this picture from November 14th. http://www.cpthrillology.com/images/16marina.jpg

The tower and PT are almost lined up with each other so it is a good way to compare. In the picture, the tower is a little taller than PT (lined them up in Photoshop).

There are only 5 sections up (including that top support) in that picture.

There are currently 7 sections up with #8 going up (well, the slanted supports).

So add 2 1/2 sections to that picture and you have the current height. That is well over 300'.

------------------
*** This post was edited by Bryan 12/7/2002 12:54:37 AM ***

Yeah, I doubt the 400 foot hight. I doubt it will be anything less than 415, to be honest. Does that scare you?

------------------
Joshua Wilcox

Sweet reply, Compressed Airhead, doesn't scare me only excites me

------------------

michael Corio said:
Plus, the fact that you want an annoucement soon only proves that even YOU doubt the 400 foot height.

What? I thought I said specifically that it would be over 400 feet, no doubt whatsoever. I want an announcement soon so that we can talk about the ride while everyone knows exactly what it is, because right now, obviously, not everyone has figured it out, and we can't talk about the ride without people doubting a certain aspect. Then we get all caught up on that aspect, which really should be self explanatory if you read enough, see enough pics, and use logic. And if you don't want to do that, then listen to the people who do.

------------------
L-TH-TW-B... "Meh"
*** This post was edited by Majin Heero 12/7/2002 1:04:38 AM ***

The tower is higher than PT and MF right now. There are two new photos at a competing website that shows this. Since I am new here and do not want to get in trouble for posting links that may not be allowed, I am just going to say look at some other CP sites. Like I said in previous threads, the levels should be about 50-52 feet each and that is based on the horizon. You can reseach that theory if you want. Go to a search engine and type in "vanishing point" and/or "perspective geometry."
Front Seat.

You can't even say another web site has a cam, much less back it up with an address. Cmon, tell us the competing website (as if) and then we will all take you seriously.

PS this image is a fake. #16 is NOT blasting towards MF. Can we all agree on that?

http://www.cpthrillology.com/images/16marina.jpg

Are you kidding me? That image is not a fake - and it in no way shows the coaster blasting towards MF. It is a side view - the down side is on the left and the up side is on the right.

------------------
L-TH-TW-B... "Meh"

Oh my god, stop with the fake stuff already.

You obviously haven't been here long enough to know the regulars and who to trust. That photo came off Dan's site, it is not fake.

And I think you need to get your eyes checked.

------------------
*** This post was edited by Bryan 12/7/2002 1:29:29 AM ***

Kids, don't feed the trolls.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

I apologize !!!! Front Seat

If those photos are real, than 400+ is a no-brainer

------------------

::smacks forehead::

------------------
Joshua Wilcox

thats website is sweet it has all kinds of cool stuff that this one dont

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service