$2.75 Pepsi in the Vending Machines?

Gatorade is $3

perculata said:
Cedar point obviously is not seein a decrease in sales revenue otherwise they would probably lower the price again.
"Obviously" if it just happened they haven't yet had time to react or gauge response.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'm willing to bet Gatorade is $3 because it quenches thirst much better than a Pepsi, so a guest would be less likely to buy another drink afterwards.

Any similarity in name is purely coincidental.

Gatorade's just generally more, pretty much anywhere you go.
Jeff, if they haven't had time to gauge response then how have they had time to report that in park spending thorought the Cedar Fair owned parks is up 3% per capita. That means that people are spending more money in their parks than they were last year. Thus, they clearly have had time to analyze financial matters throughout their parks, or as u put it "gauge response."

The report is here if u wish to read it: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040601/cltu139_1.html *** Edited 6/17/2004 6:28:33 PM UTC by perculata***

Go Ravens and Lakers, don't worry, we'll bounce back.

X at SFMM is frickin awesome, it's a must ride for all coaster fans.

Miami Heat: Now Diesel Powered!

Dude, that's a quarter-end report. The price change apparently happened last week.

"U" is not a word. Haven't you figured out yet that's why half of your posts get deleted?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They have been trying to get the price closer to $3.00 for awhile now. I think $2.75 will work out because it's still under $3.00, kind of like the $2.99 price point makes something more appealing than the $3.00 price point.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

The 2.75 price is at the stands, the vending machines are 2.50 still. You do not have to buy them from actual stores, just get it for cheaper at the vending machines.

Go Ravens and Lakers, don't worry, we'll bounce back.

X at SFMM is frickin awesome, it's a must ride for all coaster fans.

Miami Heat: Now Diesel Powered!

In 2000: $2.
In 2001: Tried to raise to $2.50, failed, went back to $2.
In 2002: Tried to go to $3, failed, dropped back to $2.50.
In 2003: No change, stayed at $2.50.

If the vending machines go higher, it will fail.

No in the Raptor line it is clearly 2.75 for the vending machines
Oh Glorious Free Water. One of the many things that has allowed me to fit into the Mellenium this year.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

In Northern Ohio there is a discount chain called Marcs. Marc Glassman (founder) had a hell of an idea, and it works. Sell more for less. While it is true, he doesnt make AS MUCH per item, he more than makes up for it in volume. He started with one store in the 80s, and is up to almost 50. And as anyone in NE Ohio knows, there are ALWAYS long lines at Marcs. This same model could work in the amusement park industry. Instead of going for all they can get, and loosing customers (myself, Jeff etc...) sell for less, and sell way more, and you will actually earn more! (hint hint)

1EJ

(Who does not need a masters degree in business to know it would work).

While I don't condone ridiculous prices, it doesn't make sense for an industry that would be thin on margin if it weren't for souvenir crap, food and soda. Soda doesn't cost anything to CP, I can almost guarantee that. It's all or very near 100% profit.

Parks are not interested in selling on quantity. People aren't taking it home. They're selling to a captive audience. Finding the right threshold is key, as people will be turned off at a certain point after dropping $40+ to get in. I think the threshold is $2.00, myself. $2.50 people will put up with, grudgingly. At some point after that it casts a shadow over whatever experience the park offers. It's not there yet, and it's more apparent to season pass holders, but I don't think we're that far away from it.

I didnt mean to sell it for 50c a bottle, like Marcs does, but lower it to a more reasonable level (like $2), that way they would actually make MORE prophit as more people (you and I) would buy it.

When I took economics, (granted this was almost 10 years ago) it cost about 2 cents to make a 2 liter bottle of pop. Including the bottle. At an average rate of inflation it should be no more than 3 cents now. so from manufacturer to consumer we're talking 9100% profit. I'm lucky to make 20% profit in my industry. I'm in the wrong line of work.

Shawn Meyer said:
I think its actually gone down from last year. It was like $3.00 last year at both Cedar Point and at the time Six Flags WOA. I think because they added the candy bar machines they lowered it by a quarter.

I'm thinking the same thing. I could swear it was $3.00 either last year or 2 years ago.

Read Jeff's post. It was $3 for a short time in 2002, but was dropped back to $2.50. It was $2.50 all of last season.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I never saw anyone buying it when it was $3

Why didn't they bring back the ten dollar souvenir TTD cup with free refills like last year was? I seen them everwhere then, but this year not somany people are buying them. We bring our from last year and get two dollar refill or free water. But they could of changed the cup and had the same offer for this year.
They need to change to Coke anyhow.
I think that is why so many people aren't buying the Souvenir cup, because it cost $2 dollars for a refill everytime, unlike last year when it was free.

2005 - Dragster Photo
2002-2007 - Season Pass

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service