2015 Cedar Point Coaster Tourney

What, no Valravn voting in the B&M Brawl for all us psychic fans?

ROUNDABOUND.

^ Next year, when people have actually ridden it. ;)

I literally love all three B&Ms equally. I don't know how I'm going to choose.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

So it just occurred to me that, because we sprang forward an hour last night due to daylight saving time, I should move the deadline for the current set of straw polls forward an hour as well in order to give you guys 72 hours to vote like I've always done. This is why, in case you happen to notice, the deadline has changed from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM.

The final round is underway—it has all come down to Millennium Force and Maverick facing each other as the top coaster, while Magnum XL-200 and Top Thrill Dragster duke it out for the consolation of third place.

As our long journey draws to a close, I would like to make it clear that I intend to do this again for the next offseason. You will see coasters seeded according to their performance here, as well as the introduction of a double elimination bracket and, of course, the addition of Valravn. But what about the smaller coasters that I omitted here? That's what I'm here to ask you guys: for the 2016 Cedar Point Coaster Tourney, should I include Pipe Scream, Wilderness Run, and/or Woodstock Express?

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

Perpetual Obsession, I really liked your idea of doing a coaster bracket. It's been a lot of fun. Can't wait to see how Valravn ranks next year.

^ I'm glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to doing it again. :)

It's over—after a close match against Maverick, Millennium Force has been crowned the champion of the 2015 Cedar Point Coaster Tourney! Magnum has also been awarded third place over Top Thrill Dragster by a mere three votes!

So with this first CP Coaster Tourney concluded, I would like to thank everyone who participated. The high turnout, along with the positive feedback this has received, has helped encourage me to do this again for the next offseason. Speaking of which—I've posted the seeds for next year below. Beyond the first four, these are mostly determined by how far each coaster got and how well it did against its final opponent:

1. Millennium Force (Reigning Champion)
  2. Maverick (Runner-Up)
  3. Magnum XL-200 (Third Place)
  4. Top Thrill Dragster
  5. GateKeeper*
  6. Raptor
  7. Rougarou
  8. Gemini
  9. Blue Streak
  10. Wicked Twister
  11. Corkscrew
  12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride
  13. Iron Dragon
  14. Mean Streak
  15. Valravn (Newcomer)
  16. Pipe Scream (Newcomer)
  17. Woodstock Express (Newcomer)
  18. Wilderness Run (Newcomer)

*Although GateKeeper performed worse against Top Thrill Dragster than Raptor did against Magnum, its domination of the B&M Brawl made me feel it deserved a higher seed than Raptor.

And with the introduction of a double elimination bracket next time around, even coasters that are eliminated early on will still have a chance to go far. I'm looking forward to doing this again, and I hope you are, too.

Thanks again to everyone who voted! See you next time!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service