2014 Media Day

Media day is planned for May 8. We read on CP Rundown that this years event will only be in the evening, as opposed to all day. The official schedule has yet to be released.

We have never been to a media day event until this year. What should we expect at this event? Do you think there will be limited park access? Also curious which members we may be able to meet?

cpfoodblog.com

You go, ride a ton, eat and they may open additional rides. But generally it is only the new stuff open. So expect the Gemini midway only, at this point. You also can meet many people if you wish. You also may get some free swag. That is about it!

ERT on Wilderness Run.

What else could you want?

Promoter of fog.

Has a scheduled time been announced yet?

^

Cedar Point Food Blog said:
The official schedule has yet to be released.

There ya go Shawn. :)

I'm sure there'll be a schedule soon. They have a lot of stuff going on this year.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

New cabins, 3 new rides, Jr. Gemini overhaul, new General Manager...and did someone say crab fries?

There's a lot going on.

Promoter of fog.

It all sounds soooo exciting.....except there's still one person not sold on it.

::hint, it's not me::

Me either! I love almost all the changes! The only change I'm upset about is that they're taking out Donut Time. Booo....:(

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

Have coaster clubs been invited once again?

I'm on the fence on whether I'm going to go to the Banshee media day. I think it's going to be PACKED. Too many local KI enthusiasts who can swing by in the morning before work.

Yes, you have to be a member of one of the recognized coaster clubs to attend. Everyone attending has to be a club member and you can't bring a non member guest.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Banshee Media Day is expected to be packed..even moreso than opening day. Honestly if I get to ride cool, but my biggest thing is being able to meet and see everyone..lots of personal friends there now.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

What information are you basing that on?

Also, I don't believe there have been an open invitations related to Media Day for Cedar Point this year, unless I missed it somewhere.

Edit: Nevermind, I just forgot that it was announced as part of all the other events coming up this season. I guess being in the evening will make it interesting. I hope it is warm!

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I thought I remember Tony saying Media Day will start in the afternoon. I'm sure we will get details before too much longer.

I have a hard time imagining that Media Day will have a higher attendance that opening day considering you have to be a member of a coaster club to attend.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

^^I know people..Plus the whole KIC/CC combo for 9 bucks really added ALOT of people.

Yeah I don't doubt that there will be a lot of people there for Media Day, but it will not be like a normal operating day, especially opening day.

As for Cedar Point, I think they will also get a decent turn out considering that the additions this year are more than just a single new attraction.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

thedevariouseffect said:
Banshee Media Day is expected to be packed..even moreso than opening day. Honestly if I get to ride cool, but my biggest thing is being able to meet and see everyone..lots of personal friends there now.

I'm thinking a LOT more crowded than GK media day, which was pretty crowded (although it did not impact our ability to ride a TON). I'm just thinking logistically, a lot more people would be able to attend Banshee Media Day.

thedevariouseffect said:
^^I know people

Come on man, you know better than to boast on here.

Says the person who's signature boasts :P

You know what I meant.

I know this isn't a KI Forum, but have they announced what times they are doing Banshee media day? I seem to have lost the link.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service