2014 Construction Progress

Not sure about CP, but KI had all of their trains off (reportedly) the next day...I'd believe it, Beast trains are already stripped down to the bare chassis, which btw is pretty neat looking.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Prefer black but as long as it's not purple/lavender. So tired of the neon pinks and purples on rides and I think they ought to repaint over that lavender around Gemini station, it clashes with the red and blue and looks terrible. Makes me wonder if they did that because they had a bunch of leftover paint or there was a special.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I know not much has happened but what are the chances of anyone doing a time lapse. I know this isn't a huge multimillion dollar coaster but I for one would still like to see the time lapses.

Yes - we need the dueling time lapses like we had on GateKeeper!

Looking at the webcam, it seems as if the walkway through that particular section is going to be rather narrow. Of course, construction is still going on so it's not a true image of what the final result is going to be.

Also, I know many were hoping that the blacktop was going to be removed, as of right now it doesn't look like they are doing anything with it. Then again, I've never really been bothered with blacktop being there, and I imagine that winter in Northern Ohio is not the optimal time for pouring concrete. If they were going to replace the blacktop, I'd imagine they'd do that in the spring.

Overall, I like what they are doing along the Gemini Midway.

Yeah, if I remember right I think pretty much all of the paver work for the new entrance plaza was done pretty close to opening. With how this winter has started there's really no reason for them to rip up the asphalt when there's work they can do which that would only impede in the meantime.

Putting down concrete and pavers is usually the last thing done in any project.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Shades said:

Hmmm, I wonder how that'll work with only one camera.....;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I don't want to sound dumb here, but what is that red stuff in the footer area where Pipe Scream is going? If you check out the Gemini webcam, you might know what I'm referring to.

They're covers for the concrete. If the temperature goes below freezing, concrete will crack if it hasn't cured.

Connor Frame
Meadowbrook FFA

Shades said:

Well there wont be dualing time lapses this year since i am busy working on Banshee's time lapse. I have also decided to only do roller coasters :) Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

Last edited by davidw,

Valravn timelapse: Videos | Playlist | Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service