2014 Construction Progress

Tony has posted the first construction picture.
https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/394917034019926016

will there be a webcam moved to the gemini midway to see the progress?

That almost seems inevitable.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

There was a live Gemini midway webcam, but it looks like they took it down for the off season. Maybe they are just going to move it closer.

The Gemini midway live stream is in fact still operating. rtsp://50.23.65.23:1935/live/cedar.stream play on VLC or similar player .

jo linn - that doesn't work for me. VLC shows a traffic cone.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

I honestly did not see them starting the process this early in the off season. Wow. Nice job;)

^There's a reason they do, and always have, and always will start the moment the park closes, it's called Winter.

Sometimes they even start before the off-season begins. They want to make sure it's done by opening day of next season and sometimes even that can be a challenge.

No pictures, no webcams, what a boring construction.

You need to get out more :-)

It looks like they took the Monster completely out. Do they disassemble it every year?

Edit to add: Just read in Tony's newest blog that they are repainting it. Wonder what color it will be? I hope it isn't black like Kings Island's.

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

I was also wondering why Monster was gone and asked that same question on PointBuzz's Facebook post. And then they told me it was being repainted.

Get that cam a wiper.

It looks CP didn't get much snow today. Where I live between Akron and Canton I can't see grass. Lucky them for not getting lake effect snow.

Last edited by Thabto,

45Wheelgun said:
? I hope it isn't black like Kings Island's.

Even though it's been mainly black for years :P

I just hope it still maintains the green flourescent lights. Man I love that ride though, one of the few actual manual rides you have to work, everything is done through human touch and work.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

One of my favorite rides no matter where it is. Of course I realize that the main structure was black, I liked the red/orange cars. I also like the looks of the KI version, but I prefer them with different paint jobs.

How much control does the ride op have of the ride experience? Duration, speed, height, vertical motion?

Control everything, later when I'm not on a .mil network I'll post a pic of the panel. Three buttons up top control the pumps/motors. The two sticks control raising/lowering the ride and overall spin.

Basically pumps run from startup in the morning, then at start of cycle at clear cycle, we turn on the motors that spin each individual arm, slowly start the ride by both sticks forward just a tad to get things moving, then when the pumps wind down and we get a good full rotation/safety spiel done, sticks go all forward for a minute ride cycle. Then to stop it you slow and stop the ride elevation (the wedge up top), then bring the arms down slowly in the order they were loaded. Very fun manual labor. Got a great tan being out in the sun, ride requires a good focus, and also burned some calories and stuff, lifting those things all day is a small workout. Fun two rides to work.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I came by to see if anyone had any insight into where the Monster went....and of course you guys did :)

The Monster crew last year was awesome. They really got into it at night. Can't wait to see the new paint job!

They've really got everything torn apart quickly though, haven't they?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service