2012 Housing Roommate

Hi there,

I plan on applying to work this summer at Cedar Point, and I have to live there of course, and I wasn't sure just how the whole rooming thing works. Do they just assign us roommates or do we get to pick? No one that I know is working there this summer, so naturally I do not know anyone, and I thought this might be a good place to meet people.

Also, I've asked this question before, but mid January is the best time to apply right??

Thanks! =)

Last edited by OB1buzzacco,

You can actually apply right now! The applications went up near Christmas this year.

As for roommates, theyre not going to assign you a roommate or anything. You can find someone via Facebook, or even pointbuzz (as people start to get hired, this forum will blow up!). If you don't find a roommate, you'll just randomally be placed with someone.

2010: Millennium Force & Mantis
2011: Raptor
2012: Raptor, Sky Ride and Wicked Twister
2013: Co-Team Leader of Sky Ride
2014: Supervisor of Slingshot/Skyscraper

Alright, thanks! Do you recommend applying now or waiting a bit? Also, do they contact us via email or phone letting us know if we've got the job or what...how does it work?

Thanks again =)

The earlier that you apply, the earlier you'll get a call. I applied right when applications went up for the three years I've worked at the park.

I think it varies between managers. When I was first hired, Karrah sent me an email saying that she'd like to set up a phone interview, blahblahblah. You call/email back, set up a phone interview and bam! :P

What area of the park are you thinking of working in?

Last edited by MillenniumSpork,

Alright, cool. I just finished applying too!
I would love to work with the roller coasters, like host/operator. But I'll take anything really.

1st year: Raptorrrrrr

I've worked as a ride op for the last two years, and it's the best job in the park! If you have any other questions, let me know, or feel free to Facebook me (Facebook.com/Tonkxie). Good luck chica!

Rides is the way to go! If you had to pick, what ride would you want to operate?

I'd most definitely want one of the bigger coasters, like Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, or Millennium. Maybe even Wicked Twister.

OB1buzzacco said:
I'd most definitely want one of the bigger coasters, like Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, or Millennium. Maybe even Wicked Twister.

You forgot Raptorrrrr :(

On a serious note, if you don't get a big ride don't be super disappointed. It'll be your crew that makes your summer amazing, not the ride.

Ohh of course! Raptor would be cool too.
And yeah, I will be fine with whatever ride they give me. I just hope they hire me and that I get to meet tons of people.

Well if you're background is clean, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Cedar Point is always looking for staffing. They'll ask you if you want a children's ride or adult ride. Definitely tell them adult and hint to them that you prefer a roller coaster. At the end of my interview, I asked them what ride they were thinking about putting me on and they told me. So it doesn't hurt to ask. Let us know how it goes when calls start to go out.

That's one of the great things about working at the park! You'll meet amazing people from all over the world.

I don't think you should have a problem getting hired as long as you're not an idiot, murderer or both.

With what twisted said, when I interviewed with Karrah, I asked where she was thinking of putting me... And she asked me where I would like to go. So it depends really on the manager that hires you though.

Last edited by MillenniumSpork,

Alright, I will definitely keep these things in mind, and I'll be sure to say where they put me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307795175928386/ here is a place to find roommates for the 2012 season on facebook if the link does not work look up cedar point roommate finder 2012

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service