2008 Teaser Blog Post

I was at the park yesterday and stopped at the bathrooms between the RR and Gemini and noticed some purple above the fence behind the restrooms, so I wondered back to look.... they have two of the floats stored/working on them bby planning and design. In the picture posted you can see the wooden frame of one and the railings of a second.

^ I noticed those today as well, at first I saw them an thought-ooo, new ride? But then I saw that one was a big inflatable spider and figured they're just preparations for Halloweekends.

I personally think if CP is going to build a roller coaster or water ride there gonna have to go in the the parking lot. So maybe a flat ride?

Bring back Boblo!

Cedar Point is not running out of room.

Yeah he's right they aren't running out of room.

Also don't get your hopes up for something look what happened on coasterbuzz.com Paula posted some digging near Holiday World on land apparently they own, Everyone thought it was a new ride and it ended up it was for the carpenters.

So just remember they are at least keeping you posted on something instead of nothing.

Disaster Transport 2012

We may be jumping the gun (which we do anyway:)) but I might as well go ahead and take a wild guess.

Flat.......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Come on B&M Dive Coaster!

Season Pass Holder-2003/2004/2005/2006

I'm not sure that they would post a picture of bulldozers and dirt only to announce a Halloweekends flat...

Obviously you can't read too much into this now, but it is nice to see that things are still in the works at CP. It would be nice if that area were put to use someway.

Thrills Around the Corner!

I vote another kiddie area with a new rollercoaster called mini maverick, or gunslinger.

YAY Frontier themed kiddie area.

Disaster Transport 2012

I'm hoping for a Log Flume!!

I just hope that whatever it is, it isn't terribly expensive. I'd rather see them chip away at the debt or use it to fix up some "around the park" things, like maintenance and such.

Where is this exactly? Near Gemini?

No access to the park this season, and I cant quite place where this is at.

Funny, I expected this thread to be 6 pages long already this morning.

Promoter of fog.

Its going to be the new 10 story tall parking garage ;)

This was about the time they started teasing us in 2005 about Skyhawks construction...

I'd say it's a flat. I just think it would be wise for them to build something like a flume to keep the families coming to the park before they go for another thrill ride. I think we'd be able to guess at this better if we knew the exact location that the picture was taken and how much space they are working with. this does seem like a deja-vu moment from the early days of Skyhawk...This always makes for long off-seasons though...why must they torment me so? ;)

I guess Dominator can finally call Cedar Point home... LOL ;)

I would think it's either a flat (Topple Tower) or a water ride/coaster. And if it's a water ride, I'm going to take a wild guess and say its going to be an Intamin Aquatrax.

Nope its a combination of everything everyone is saying Its a log shaped aquatrax that is flat. LOL;)

Disaster Transport 2012

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

This is better than waiting a week and a half for a post from T&T.

Let's Get Weird.

The area seems to be suitable for an inverted 2 across, a sky swatter, or a new ROTOR! I hope they bring back the rotor, they used to have one, but they took it out. The rotor is one of the most classic rides you can ever have at a park.

But they have Skyhawk, they need a Skyswatter.

In less than 24 hours, a 342 x 237 pixel image has produced wishing, guessing, and absolute assurance of an Intamin Terracoaster, Intamin Coaster, Intamin Water Ride, Flume Ride, B&M Dive Coaster, Junior Coaster, Flat Ride, Relocated Coaster, Aquatrax, Sky Swatter, and/or Rotor. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service