2008 Season Preview

I remember being there last year and how the Coffee Shop was connected to Mama Chetta's (I hope I spelled that right) which was a pizza, pasta, and salad buffet and Dominics last year was an Italian Buffet. They very rarely got any business so I see why they made this change; give something new and different and also spread business more evenly throughout the hotel. I also like how it goes back to Breakers original days. The interview that Walt had on Point with Brian Edwards talked about how they had a Japanese room in the past. All now that I think that hotel needs is some badly needed AC.

Just my two cents

Based off the other stuff I cannot wait to get to the point it seems like they are really putting a lot into this park. I mean I don't remember all of the renovations for last year (granted was a big shiny red coaster) but it seems like there are putting a lot into this park every year.

I had thought briefly about duplicate rides in Planet Snoopy and as I thought about it I realized that the rides are still unique and I was also thinking "Is there a possibility of them closing Junior Gemini area?" Just a thought I could be way off track but I think that area might see some renovations it doesn't look like the other kids areas anymore (neither does Kiddy Kingdom).

Again my two cents

I just can't wait to get to the point!

On the webcam .. It looks like the lamp posts they are using in Planet Snoopy came from the Superman/Steel Venom ride area

KingOfLouies said:
Am I the only one really excited about the Hibachi place?

Nope, I am also. I love Hibachi restaurants so this is an exciting addition to CP for me.

I hope it is NOT really kid friendly, but something geared more towards adults. That space is really not that big and they could easily fill it with adult couples and groups that are at the hotel without kids. The kids have TGIF.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I've never even been to a Hibachi restaurant but I will try one this summer at CP.

It will be "americanized" I am sure. I've been to a mongolian BBQ, isn't that kind of hibachi like? haha

Mongolian isn't even close to hibachi. We have a Kobe here, great place. The chefs/cooks are fun to watch. That's worth it in its own right.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Mongolian isn't even Asian food as far as I'm concerned. I tend to find hibachi places as the American version of Japanese food. It's never quite as good as one of those small local places with a dozen tables.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

No Asian food in the United States is authentic. It's all just "Americanized" Asian food. If you talk to anyone who has been to China or Japan, they'll tell you that the food there is 100% different than what you can get at a Hibachi restaurant or Chinese buffet in America.

RaceRinger said:
No Asian food in the United States is authentic. It's all just "Americanized" Asian food. If you talk to anyone who has been to China or Japan, they'll tell you that the food there is 100% different than what you can get at a Hibachi restaurant or Chinese buffet in America.

You are so right. My boyfriend went to China a few years ago for work, and just as you said their food is completely different from the American version of Chinese food. He did say that their KFC over there tasted the same though. lol.

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

Don't know if anybody else has posted it, but the Planet Snoopy cam is off. This must be the move to the new location that T & T mentioned.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Yeah. I can't wait to see where they put it. I hope it's somewhere where you can see a whole entire overview of Planet Snoopy.

Cedar Point X
Can't Wait!!!

Hope it's on the top of the kiddie cafe. That would be a good spot.

Yeah only the " good time cam " is up.

They eat deer and tiger penis in China.

Lol this topic is getting out of hand..

^^ - sounds like oldsenile to me.

On top of the cafe sounds good, it'd give a good overview of the entire area, and not be right behind a sign.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Planet Cam's back up. Doesn't look like they moved it much:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm

Just enough to mostly remove the sign from the frame.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

It seems that, new ride or not, Cedar Point will still be BA in '08.

Here Come the Irish!

JuggaLotus said:
^^ - sounds like oldsenile to me.

On top of the cafe sounds good, it'd give a good overview of the entire area, and not be right behind a sign.

That was rude of you Juggalo. You're full of hatred, I can tell. I was stating fact. Please do research before insulting me.

Yes on top does sound good.

No more hate than what you have for that kid that just looked at your lawn like he wanted to step on it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Man, I wish I could be a 6 year old kid to enjoy these rides. It looks pretty fun.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service