2008 Season Preview

Top Thrill 182 said:
I know a lot of people have been complaining about how CP basically just put in duplicate rides of ones already found in the park, but honestly, no kid is going to notice or care.

Well, my six-year-old kid noticed and specifically pointed out to me which ones were duplicates. Of course she's an enthusiast's child, well on her way to becoming one herself. So I guess she doesn't really count.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ I agree. I don't think we're giving kids quite enough credit here... most won't notice, but a lot of them will. Still, I think that we care a lot more than they will.

Californian in Ohio
'10 - TL Magnum XL-200
'09 - ATL Top Thrill Dragster
'08 - Magnum / Corkscrew crews
'07 - maXair / Magnum crews
'06 - Wicked Twister / Skyride / Millennium Force crews

Noticing and caring are very different.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm just excited to see Snoopy and the Peanuts brand become more permanent in the park. All the work they've put into the new shows, Planet Snoopy, and Joe Cool's Cafe put all the rumors about Nick characters moving in to rest for a while.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Cedar Point gets a round of applause for addressing many issues I have complained about. I am sure they did these improvements just for me :)

Bathrooms...beginning to address these.....thank you.

Food options...more choices....and unique choices with the hibachi restaurant.

Seeing these changes makes you think that they might take what we say in these boards very seriously. I bet smokers will be getting spoken with quickly this year.
I mentioned that pasta seemed like food that was really heavy on the stomach for summer eating while riding coasters, and now we have hibachi restaurant.

Last edited by factory81,

lladnar said:
Things are double checked to catch errors on the first check.

Then why not do it on every ride? Heck, they don't even do it on the ride's twin at Valleyfair.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Walt said: (referring to kids noticing duplicated rides)
Noticing and caring are very different.

Kids notice. And they don't care that the rides are very similar; they are still *different rides*. In fact, I remember when I was such a kid, and I INSISTED that we HAD to ride the Cadillac Cars, the Antique Cars, and BOTH of the Turnpike Car rides. My parents were probably ready to kill me by the end of the day. :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Jeff said:

Then why not do it on every ride? Heck, they don't even do it on the ride's twin at Valleyfair.

I don't know.

Am I the only one really excited about the Hibachi place?

2005 Power Tower crew

At a resort that caters to families...many with small children...I don't know how a hibachi place is going to do better revenue that an Italian place with pizza. I'm sure they considered that before doing it but it just doesn't add up to me.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Perhaps their thought is that people staying in Breakers will want a change of pace after eating park food (including pizza) all day. I know that I never had any desire to go to Dominic's while in the park or staying at Breakers since I knew I could get pizza so many places at the park (not to mention Chet & Matt's/Cameo out of the park). I can say for sure that I will try out the Hibachi place this year because it's another new option at the park. I think it's a good fit for Breakers.

I would hope that they will have a kids menu of some sort. I know most authentic Hibachi restaurants don't have typical kids flair, but given the point that it is a family park I would be surprised if they at least didnt have one or two items for kids.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Considering how busy Fridays gets at night they kinda needed another nice place to take some of the heat. I have gone there after the park closes with an hour wait to eat. That is a little excessive in my opinion.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

Well Walt I see you are a intelligent.

Every ride you listed that Cedar Points have duplicates of are not the same. The rides they have had in the past that were duplicates were taken out at some point later ...... Swabinchen - Trabant / Dodgem 1 - Dodgem 2 / Skyride - Frontier Lift / Midway Carousel - Frontier Carousel.

Gee lets make another Corkscrew exactly the same as the Corkscrew we have and paint it a different color and put it on a different Midway.

It is just a waste of Cedar Fair money and the money could have been better spent by the scenerio I depicted earlier in this thread.

By the way, count them -0- {Zero} exclamation points. I spelled it and put the number down, just in case you can't read.

Glad to see you handled that in such a mature manner Just Coasting...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Just Coasting said:
Well Walt I see you are a intelligent.

:)

Irony's a b**** ain't it? ;)

Last edited by JuggaLotus,

Goodbye MrScott

John

Was the sarcasm in my first post that subtle?

Did you complain this much when Space Age and Rock-Spin-Turn opened in the Gemini Children's Area, despite Dune Buggies, Hot Rods, Mustangs, Old Timers, and Police Cars existing a mere 5,000 feet away?

Do you honestly think having similar kiddie rides is the same as duplicating Corkscrew? Kids may notice, but only (some) enthusiasts will care!

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

No Walt, not enthusiasts.
(to borrow from Jeff)
Enthusi-asses.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Chief Wahoo said:
At a resort that caters to families...many with small children...I don't know how a hibachi place is going to do better revenue that an Italian place with pizza. I'm sure they considered that before doing it but it just doesn't add up to me.

Did you forget Pizza Hut was right next door to the italian restaurant?
And I agree that something needs to be done to take the heat off of TGI Fridays.

Still...TGI Friday's location will make it highly sought.

Last edited by factory81,

Well we know fridays is not going anywhere anytime soon due to the new renovation last year. Even though fridays probably has the best location for a hotel restraunt on the point, its going to be there for a while.

sorry i read your post over again and realized what you meant. People want to go there. Duh

Last edited by loneranger7281,

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service