2008 Construction Markings?

During CoasterMania's morning ERT on Millennium Force, I noticed these.

http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/2008_Construction/2008_Construction.html

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Miss dig markings can be used for anything. Anything from a new fence, stand, lightpole, ect. Also they don't indicate where something will go or if something will because they might just need them to be able to run a new utility line to replace an old one.

Not exactly the most prime real estate for a new ride.

OMG! It's the new 500 foot tall statue of Kinzel with Macho Nachos!

I realize it's not necessarily for a ride. I just though you guys might be interested to see the pics. :)

man i hope it's a new ride! but i'm not gonna get all excited about it because you know maverick just opened 4 weeks ago!

Please tell me this is a joke.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

That would be a beyond bad spot for a new ride so i got to say its not going to be a new ride.

I'm sorry I even brought it up. Maybe I should just leave and let be, but I guess it's just not in my nature. :)

Just because the markings are next to the MF exit, doesn't mean it can't have anything to do with a new attraction or anything else for that matter. Maybe they need to make some repairs to some underground utilities. Or maybe they need to tap and existing utility for something nearby. It could be they're adding an irrigation system. No one here really knows.

*** Edited 6/17/2007 5:44:47 PM UTC by Jason Hammond***

I bet they put the flags in there just for Coastermania! :)

-Matt

I personally think it would be nice if they added drainage to MF's exit area. Water tends to pool there. It could be for the underground plumbing for a new drain.

Personally I don't even see how a ride could fit in there, especially a coaster. Maybe a kiddie ride but there are no kiddie rides near there. My best guess is a new game, building, or utility lines.

Jason, thanks for sharing the pics since I certainly am interested. Granted, it could be nothing or something - but not sharing it would be far worse, regardless of what the critics say. I do agree it's not a great place for a ride, and suspect it's for new power cables since they've had some power issues recently. Of course I'd love to see it turn out to be footer markings, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ok that is a great looking area. I would hate to see even the trees removed there to make way for a line. The trees keep that area cool, atleast from sunlight. I also like the look. But this is oppinion that i bet a few others would share. I dont think ne thing will be happenin there.

Yeah new year, and finally got my license, well back in august. Im in need of a trip to the park.

And considering that no one knows (i.e. Jeff), then I think its fine that we speculate. It amazes me that we get put down for speculating, when thats what this board was built for. Or maybe it was just built for people in the know?

Owner, Gould Photography.

look out its a flag! Flip out! just kidding ;)

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

2008 construction markings? That's a lot of construction markings :).

Looks like the line was short for MF that day!

*** Edited 6/17/2007 9:19:31 PM UTC by Top Thrill Dragster***

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

You know, people wonder why I get annoyed, but see three posts above to see why. It's not about me or what anyone knows. We gave you a whole forum to speculate and pull the dumbest stuff out of thin air last year, so don't give me crap for calling out the absurdity of speculating over a utility marker in landscaping. I'd rather you said "thank you" and went about your business.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

mk522 said:
And considering that no one knows (i.e. Jeff), then I think its fine that we speculate. It amazes me that we get put down for speculating,

or maybe some people don't know how to take a joke.

Thank for the info as well Jason. I mean a ride does not have to go there, and it could be for a drainage system or a sign or something, but it also could be for a ride but the main part of the ride won't go there it will be some underground wiring or something for the ride.
*** Edited 6/17/2007 10:03:44 PM UTC by MichiganStateFan***
*** Edited 6/17/2007 10:04:16 PM UTC by MichiganStateFan***

A Michigan State Spartan Fan!!!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

What were the flags that were in the cadilac car area last year for? Everybody thought the cars were gone for Maverick but nothing happened.

Let's Get Weird.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service