2005 Season Pass Prices

The new info is finally up on CP's website. Passes start selling on Friday. A very nice new feature is the ability to purchase them online and when you do you can print your own certificates yourself instead of waiting for them in the mail.

Standard passes do not include Geauga Lake, but you can add that as an option to your pass for $26.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/trips/tickets/season_pass_central/articles.cfm?page=Prices

cyberdman

Correction, yes you can print out your certificates, but they still have to be mailed in. :( When you print them out at home however the mail-in form prints out right along with them. Oh well...

cyberdman

Nice!
I'm not sure where you see it saying that for $26 you can add geauga lake to your season pass. From what I see it says you need to get a combo pass to use your season pass at geauga lake, in which case, it's $55 on top of the regular price for a season pass. Which is 5 cents more expensive than getting a geauga lake season pass at giant eagle, but it is also good at all the cedar fair water parks too.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am, but that's what it looked like to me.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Looks like I'll be getting a combo pass, finally. Hopefully I can make it to Soak City more often next year.
A $144 combo pass that include Cedar Point, Soak City and Geauga Lake sure looks like a pretty good deal to me.

*** Edited 9/13/2004 7:23:22 PM UTC by Walt***

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Thanks Michael, that is exactly where it says that.

cyberdman

Hold on ... so I can only add Geauga Lake if I buy the Combo only. What a Rip Off! We never go to Soak City, but would love to add GL to our pass. :(

cyberdman

No... If you buy a combo, Soak City AND Geauga Lake come with the combo. If you buy a regular season pass for $89, you can add GL on for $26. Making it $105.
Why not just buy a Season pass for Michigan Adventure. It's $85 and includes ALL the parks including CEdar Point and Geauga Lake. Seem like the bette deal to me
It depends on where you live. Why would I drive 5+ hours to save a little money?

You can't get joe cool on a Michigan's Adventure pass either. I for one enjoy early ride time.
Walt said "A $144 combo pass that include Cedar Point, Soak City and Geauga Lake sure looks like a pretty good deal to me."

It doesn't look so good when you realize you need to add another $40-$50 for a GL parking pass... Who's going to go more than once if they get hit for parking every time? Factoring that in, they didn't hit my price point. GL won't get my business for 2005 either.

A bad tactical move. Including parking w/ the CP parking pass wouldn't have cost them anything, and probably would have enticed some CP passholders to pay the $26.

Hey, I heard a rumor that Top Thrill Dragster is sinking...

I also just realized that at $144 (vs. $89 for a CP season's pass), Soak City won't be getting my business either in 2005.

Cedar Point had a chance to get a little more money out of our family, and instead they'll end up with $200 less. Looks like Dover Lake will be our water park of choice next year (season pass $50, kids under 40" free - almost $100 cheaper for our family. Even with their THREE DOLLAR parking, we can go 30 times and it will still be cheaper...)

On the positive side, I'm surprised they didn't raise the $89 Cedar Point pass. I guess that answers the question of whether there will be a major attraction coming next year...

Are you kidding? This year, the combo pass was priced $50 higher than the regular pass. Soak City for an extra $50. For those who visit Soak City more than a couple of times a summer, that's a deal.

In 2005, the cost of a combo pass will be $55 higher - $5 more than last year - but you get GL as well as Soak City. That's not a deal? They're throwing in a free Joe Cool Club as well! If you want to talk parking, it's hard to argue with $40. I'm not a fan of parking fees, but if I've got to pay it, I'll take the deal. As far as GL parking goes, that's not relevant to me. I'm basically getting GL for $5 more than I would have paid last year. It's almost like a freebie. If I decide to go there enough, I'll just buy another parking pass. Looking at the whole picture, I'm still getting a deal.

From some of your other posts, it seems like you have some sort of grudge against Cedar Fair. Despite your beef, that is a good value.

*** Edited 9/13/2004 10:36:12 PM UTC by Walt***

Combo Passes are really for people who visit alot. I live three hours away, I'm only paying $94.00 for a Season Pass with Joe Cool.
From my perspective (chronic combo pass purchaser) this looks like a good deal. I was expecting something like the $26 add-on to *all* passes, not just regular ones. My family already was paying the $50 for SC, and with GL thrown in for an extra $5, we'll probably visit at least once.

Huggy: I'm not sure it's "visit a lot" as much as "goes to SC frequently." I'd say 2 out of every three days we visit the park, we go into SC for at least a little while. *** Edited 9/13/2004 11:25:45 PM UTC by Brian Noble***

Walt, I'm not saying it's a bad or good deal. I'm only saying they missed the price point for our family.

Here's my math:

CP/GL/SC = $144x2 (2 adult combos) + $85x2 (2 kid combos) + $40 parking + $40 GL parking (?) = $538. Even without GL parking (assuming we don't use it, or pay parking when we do,) it's $498.

CP/Dover Park = $89x2 + $55x2 + 2x$15 (adult Joe Cools) + $40 CP parking + $50x2 (DP season pass, kids free) + $30 (est 10 parkings @ $3 ea) = $458

Last year, CP/SC was $135x2 (CP/SC) + $70x2 (Jr combo) + $35 parking = $445. It made the price point for us.

Geauga Lake would be a nice add, but not worth the extra money to us. We'd be lucky to go there once, given that we'd have Soak City passes w/ the combo and it's so much more convenient to go there were CP right next door.

Last year CP and SC cost you $445. This year, it would cost you $498 (and you basically get GL as a freebie - the additional cost is the typical annual increase with or without GL). You must have been pretty close to that limit in 2004 if $53 more is make or break.

If you determine that a CP/Dover combo is a better value for your family, then that's what you should do. But it looks to me that the combo passes you're not buying for 2005 are a much better value (factoring in the typical annual increase) than the ones you did buy in 2004.

The math is making me dizzy. :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service