2004 Operating Schedule

First let me say I love this site... I've been a "lurker" for a while now, this is my first post. So here goes...

When does CP release their operating schedule for next year? I know its way way early but I'm planning a trip for my wife and I to celebrate her graduating college this spring and I need to request the time off like 4 months in advance. I think Opening Day is May 9th, any help from there? Thanks!

It normally is the first Sunday in May. As far as 2004, it could either be the 2nd or the 9th. Final exam week for some of the area colleges may also influence the opening Sunday.

One thing is certian, it will be a little chilly.

------------------
Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.
*** This post was edited by Browntggrr 11/20/2003 2:35:00 PM ***

I am under the impression that opening day is the 9th.

------------------
MANTIS ROCKS 2002 & 2003

It's the 9th. I found it on their site.
A few notes, due to the later opening day they will be open EVERY day after opening day. They are closed on Saturday the 8th, probably for Longerberger. The other VERY cool thing is that they ARE OPEN Halloween weekend.

------------------
Dan Haverlock
Magnum: 2440
TTD Rollbacks 4
TTD Complete Laps 73
"get a job man!"

Yeah I thought it was the 9th. I remember reading that they usually open the first weekend in May but it was later this year. The other thing Im curious about is when they release their operating schedule, i.e. what hours they are open what days. I hate taking trips only to find out the park I'm heading to is closing at 6, leaving me with nothing to do all night but eat and watch HBO at the hotel.
Never fear, CP never closes before 8 (not counting random acts of god....*cough*majorblackout*cough*). Usually they close 8pm in may and the last week in august exceptt for saturdays. The rest of the days they are open till 10 or 11pm. There are few midnight closing days too.

------------------
- Chris -

Personally, I would like to see them stay open until Midnight every Saturday in July like they did in 2002. I really enjoyed working that late (and I'm sure that the guests enjoyed that extra hour).

------------------
MANTIS ROCKS 2002 & 2003

I agree, Brian. That extra hour working was very fun during Halloweekends. I would have to believe the Park switched from midnight closing to 11pm, so that Dragster has a chance to be inspected....

-Michael

------------------
Drag Races: 8

Sean Newman said:
It's the 9th. I found it on their site.

Where exactly is it?

------------------
tambo

http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/reservations.cfm - at the bottom.

------------------
Walt Schmidt
Virtual Midway

Or do as I did. Go to the current years operating schedule, then in the web address bar replace the 2003 with 2004 and BAMM... next year's operating schedule.

------------------
Wood Rules!

I noticed that next year they are going to be open on Friday evenings during Bonus Weekends. That's something new.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
Friday, September 18th, 2003 at 10:10 PM. It finally happened. Rollback on Dragster in the front seat of the gold train!

Where are you guys finding the 2004 operating calendar? The CP website still has the 2003 calendar.

------------------
I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Scroll up ^

------------------
Eddy the retard is awesome.

Cedar Point opens Saturday, May 8, 2004!

if you go to the http://resorts.cedarpoint.com/public/reservations.cfm it now says cedar point opens Saturday May 8, 2004!

Here is the URL to the 2004 Season schedule--
Opening day for the public appears to be SUNDAY, May 9, 2004.
As stated above, the park is closed to the public and season pass holders on Saturday May 8, 2004.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/trips/hours_pdfs/2004OperatingHours.pdf
------------------
Tim Howe--Lansing, Michigan
30 consecutive years of CP visits!
1974-2003.

It also says *Dates and hours are subject to change. Besides, the schedule that you found may be on the web server, but it has not yet been officially released.

------------------
Walt Schmidt
Virtual Midway

Very true on all counts Walt! Besides, we have (as of today, 11/20/03) more than 170 days until opening day.. as if we're counting....

------------------
Tim Howe--Lansing, Michigan
30 consecutive years of CP visits!
1974-2003.

I don't know much about the resorts but I would assume the resorts open up May 8th to the public. Allowing someone to drive in a distance and stay the night. Then the park would open to the public May 9th, including resort guests. ;)

Also, I'm not relying on the schedule yet, until it's been officially released as Walt stated.

------------------
- Chris -

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service