2003 Brochure

Just picked up the 2003 brochure at an AAA office here in MI. The cover is the same picture that was used on the 2001 map. Open the cover to find Top Thrill Dragster of course. In a little paragraph towards the bottom it says "blast into the sky on four coasters over 200 feet". The rest is pretty much the normal brochure. If you don't have one, keep your eyes open.

------------------
Steve Sergent
MF count: 229

Had to think about that one for a second.. was thinking.. "Four???"

MF.. Magnum.. Top Thrill Dragster.. and WT.

------------------
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
Technical Services 2002
Fright Zone Screamster 2002
*** This post was edited by Red Garter Rob 2/11/2003 5:03:20 PM ***

It's hard to belive there are 4 now over 200 feet.
Even better though, CP has 2 over 300 feet.

------------------
Eric Morrison (Coast)
Point Hype
http://www.pointhype.com

Too bad the shortest of the 4 gives the best ride :)

------------------
magnumdan
magnum count: 2233

I was wondering if you were still alive and when you'd chime in Dan... ;)

------------------
VertiGo Rides - 82
Technical Services 2002

I would have disagree with you Dan!

------------------
00 MF Circuts=50
01 MF Circuts=124
02 MF Circuts=142

Tony, please don't "dis the twist" I love that ride along with all of those others over 200 feet.

------------------
"when I get high, I get high on speed, Top Thrill Dragster is the drug for me"

Dan was talking about Magnum. Shortest... as in least height.

------------------
"I can't make a movie or write a song either, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to think they suck."
-Jeff

The only thing worse than people who make grammar mistakes are the people who have to point it out every ****ing time.
*** This post was edited by Rider 2/11/2003 11:15:59 PM ***

Hey, Shorty. So you have a copy of the 2003 brochure. Could you tell me when the Summer Spectacular light show runs this season? I have reservations at Hotel Breakers for the first week of June and am hoping it's running by then. I called the resorts this afternoon to ask but nobody there seemed to know for sure. Thanks.
I would try calling 419-627-2350. The brochure says to check cedarpoint.com or call that number for info on show opening and closing dates. The first week of June is the first week of 10pm closings so I would think it would be running by then.

------------------
Steve Sergent
MF count: 229

Haha - sweet! :) Dan stopped with the "Dragster is my baby" stuff and came back to Magnum! ;)

-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew
2003 Magnum Crew

Let's not go there Sky Kicker!

------------------
00 MF Circuts=50
01 MF Circuts=124
02 MF Circuts=142
*** This post was edited by Tony 2/12/2003 12:21:12 PM ***

True Magnum does have the best ride, in my opinion.

------------------
2003 only... agh who cares!
Evan H.
"Have you ever had that battle with the keyless entry and someone trying to open the door? Is it open? How about now?"-- Comedy Central

I thought Dan was talking about time. What was I thinking? Magnum is still the best in my opinion but I really can't complain with 4 coasters that are over 200ft tall. I love'em all.

------------------
"when I get high, I get high on speed, Top Thrill Dragster is the drug for me"
*** This post was edited by sky kicker 2/12/2003 9:19:21 PM ***

Got the brochure today and it is very nice. I noticed in the Dragster section (drawing of the launch from the midway) they chopped off the person's arm who had his hands raised.

------------------
Eric Morrison (Coast)
Point Hype
http://www.pointhype.com
*** This post was edited by Etrain 2/12/2003 11:19:15 PM ***

Etrain: I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. I wonder what the deal with that is... are they taking precautions to try avoiding a possible law suit if someone gets hurt raising their arms and blames it on that picture or something stupid like that????

Good observation!!!
Pro Bob

------------------
WOULD YOU "GET TO THE PO!NT" ALREADY?!?!?!

someone scan the brochure in and post a link.

------------------
Das RUCKUS baby. Ruckus.

That would be a violation of thier copyrights so I doubt you'll see it posted here.

------------------
VertiGo Rides - 82
Technical Services 2002

How would that be a violation of copyrights? It's meant to be a promotion, and wouldn't Virtual Midway be shut down by now if that were true?

------------------
What is most anticipated event of 2003? the debut of Dragster, the release of Metallica's new album, the release of Terminator 3, or the release of Matrix:Reloaded...tough call.

Dan said:
Too bad the shortest of the 4 gives the best ride :)

------------------
magnumdan
magnum count: 2233

How the hell should you know that? Have you ridden Top Thrill Dragster? You should have said, "Shortest of the operating three."

------------------
2005: Ride Operator
2006: General Manager
My track record
My Cedar Point page

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service