2001 Calendar Shot

So...

Is anybody here in the 2001 Calendar shot? It's clearly staged because I've never seen a Millennium Force train look quite like that coming over the speed bump except in a driving rain...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
I'm not in it, but I can tell you why it looks like that. I was in the train for the taping of the comercial. The instructions were clearly DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS UP! Trust me it was the hardest thing in the world. We rode it 13 times that day, and we were not allowed to put our hands up at all. It really sucked. The last ride we all did because they were done with the filming. If you look on any of their pics no one has their hands up.

-------------
John
Camp Snoopy Ride Op 2000
MF Laps-50
www.shoewee.tripod.com
Believe me, John, I know...I was on the train when they shot a sequence for Discovery this summer. The point is, since that is clearly a staged shot, it means that everyone on that train is probably a park employee, which makes me wonder if any of the recognizable (or unrecognizable) folks in the shot are GTTP participants...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
(is not and has never been a CP employee)
I know that I was on MF when they were doing a photo shoot. But I haven't seen a calender so I don't know if i'm on it or not. Can anyone send me the pic so I can take a look?

By the way. Where did you get the calender? Were they sold at a gift shop during the last few weeks, or did you call someone to get it.

-------------
Monster Ride Host for 2 Years
3 Years Total @ CP *** This post was edited by Monster Ride Op on 1/2/2001. ***
Any place on the web to see a shot of it? I was on the blue train a couple of times when they were taking the pictures. The rest of the time, I was on the red one. The first three rows of people were the "model families."
------------
Raptor Chris 2000
I got mine a week or two ago. Feicht had the perfect morning sky for that shot.

I too did a Discovery outing, and found that it's harder to be enthusiastic when you don't have your hands in the air.

One other reason it looks staged... all college-aged kids except the front. ;)

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Millennium Force laps: 50

As employees we're not even allowed to put our hands up, or scream when we do our a.m. test rides on Raptor either-and I am sure for all the other test rides too. My favorite thing to do was going thru the block break SCREAM at the top of my lungs since no one could hear me anyway...

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
How do you get a calendar? Would love one. MF laps- 75

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service