10/5 photos

It's nice of you to assume that people can't afford such things.

------------------

No,I'm not assuming anything and I'm sorry if I offended you. If you can go get one on a moments notice, good for you! I would LOOOVVVVEEEE to have one but until I get out of school,have to wait :(

The camera is not pro exactly (I think people won't call it "pro" because stuck up "pro" photographers discount anything with a built-in flash as consumer garbage), but it's certainly above average. It's a Canon D-60 digital SLR. It retails for about $2,200 without a lens and is still very hard to come by. I had to get mine from a local camera shop in Canada.

I've been shooting for about 15 years with various SLR cameras, but did it a lot less in recent years because now I want to manipulate everything digitally, but still want the features of an SLR. The D-60 finally did that without totally killing me (though it still wasn't cheap). My Nikon negative scanner has been very quiet now for many months. I'm finally able to experiment and get instant feedback, which has helped me rediscover my love for photography.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, when it's all in your mind. You gotta let go." - Ghetto, Supreme Beings of Leisure

Yes,getting a good camera can definitely bring the joy back. After years in the darkroom doing my own B/W film processing,I just got a simple Kodak 4MP camera and a Canon S900 printer and am having a blast with it, it puts the photo labs to shame, plus I don't have to be exposed to those BW chemicals anymore,not that they were real bad,but less exposure is always better. I do miss the darkroom and go in there occasionally though.

You are right about the flash, I noticed all of my photo teachers in college always talked down on the built in flash.

Yet they're great for fill in dim areas. Whatever.

I still have real prints made via Ofoto, because while the average inkjet can do great prints on the right paper, they do fade after a couple of years.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, when it's all in your mind. You gotta let go." - Ghetto, Supreme Beings of Leisure

Fantastic pictures Jeff. A good "tie-over" until Virtual Midway gets their new pics up :)
Canon's new one that they are coming out with which should be available in a couple of weeks will rock photography forever. Their newest model is a 11.1 Megapixel Digital SLR.

------------------
cyberdman

Ok, scratch that. Canon's 11.1 effective MP camera is not digital, just SLR. Still impressive though, but not for long. Looks like Kodak has put their money on their own 13.8 MP version. Photography will definately be transformed in the months to come...

------------------
cyberdman

Holy CRAP! Great pics Jeff! You are definelty worthy of an award! I love those pictures! Can't say enough about them. Those are by far the best pics I have seen of the new ride to date!

------------------
www.aaronradatz.com
www.cedarpoint.com
"What happened to Integrity, I don't see it on MTV, all I see is chereography. And I'll never be a dancer."- John Feldman - Goldfinger
www.goldfingermusic.com

I went to CP that day, and I think i saw you Jeff..... it was cool.
Thanks for sharing your photos, Jeff. Great quality on those!
------------------
Brian Grapes - brian@sfmwonline.com
www.sfmwonline.com / www.mouseinfo.com
did anyone notice in pic #2 of jeff's collection that there is a cut out in the top right hand corner of the shed. it lines up directly with the footers path. i suppose this will be an approximate height of the launch or brake track.
Yeah, I suppose they might use that as a mechanical/electrical shed for the ride. It already has all the electrical equipment in it, why not use it. Does anyone know what ride it was used for before. I cant tell distance by the photo.
For more photos please go to: www.virtualmidway.com
I'm killing for the D-60....from what i hear it's the "Slide-killer" which is fine with me, i have too many of them and they are a pain in the ass to organize, for now on a college budget, ill just stick to my S-40 and 512 mb flashcard.

------------------
"Captain" Nate
Paddlewheel crew 2000
Paddlewheel ATL 2001
Thunder Canyon TL 2002

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service