10/5 photos

I've posted a few photos from Saturday. I shot many more, but seeing as how they're all the same thing we've been seeing, I just stuck with the better ones at a fairly high resolution.

http://www.guidetothepoint.com/content.aspx?channel=1&NewsID=279

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, when it's all in your mind. You gotta let go." - Ghetto, Supreme Beings of Leisure

Wow...nice pics, Quality is great. Thanks Jeff

------------------
Guess who's back....back again ;)

Check out the last pic -- is "Dragster" sinking already? :)
How far did the boom on the crane extend?
Remember that drawing that was posted a while back, that was supposedly of the new coaster. It definately showed the track on the down side of the tower ending a little ways above the ground. In the fourth picture, it shows that they have only a few degrees more to be parallel to the ground, and it is still pretty high up. I haven't seen it for myself, so I could be wrong, but maybe the drawing wasn't totally wrong. Then again, maybe I am just making myself look stupid!

Sorry, I just looked at the drawing again, and i was totally off. But the pictures are nice, keep them coming.
*** This post was edited by UR_coaster 10/6/2002 5:51:12 PM ***

Great shots! Was there still much track and support pieces in the back lots?
Great shots!

They really hit home that all the shots we've seen of the tower make it look big, but once you put regular-size Intamin track up against it, the tower looks absolutely ENORMOUS. Especially the very bottom pic...

That gave me an idea. Does anyone know how wide this track is? Because then we can use that bottom picture to find out exactly how tall the tower is.
Determining how wide the track is wont help us find out anything...all of the track is the same width.

------------------
Guess who's back....back again ;)

if we know the measure of something on the picture, we can use it to gauge the height of the tower right now.
*** This post was edited by UR_coaster 10/6/2002 6:50:18 PM ***
Says "Pics can only be viewed from GTTP"
I worded those wrong. What I mean is that we can figure out how tall the tower is now, not how tall it will be. Sorry.
I did shoot all the parking lot stuff, but since you've seen it all elsewhere I don't see a reason to post it yet.

One new thing I saw (and maybe someone already mentioned this) is that the kicker wheel assemblies are shrink-wrapped on pallets. There are quite a few of them, which comes as no surprise given all the track with holes for them.

Also, don't know if anyone realized it, but the transfer track slider assemblies are also there, sitting dead center in the parts.

If you're getting the graphic that says you can only view the images from GTTP, you need to tell your security software to stop ripping out the referrer from HTTP requests.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Jeff - Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
"There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, when it's all in your mind. You gotta let go." - Ghetto, Supreme Beings of Leisure

Track gauge is 2.5 feet. The vertical height varies directly to G-Forces exerted on the peiece of track. Good luck trying to find out the height of the tower.

------------------
Jes
Jes's Roller Coasters DJ Jes
Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure 2002 Ride-Ops Crew! Have fun trying to find me!

Soory to burst anyone bubble here but jeff said at the top that the tower is just a few feet shy of maggie,l so its probably in the neighbor hood of 175 feet.

------------------
Don't Steal, The Government Hates Competition!

Are the kicker wheel assemblies roll the coaster trains through the brakes and station?

I don't quite understand what they look like or do.

Great pics, Jeff.... completely off topic, but have been wanting to ask for quite a while: what kind of camera are you using? Been looking into getting a digital camera with quality such as that.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

Better mortgage the house if you want one like that. I think his is a Canon Pro SLR model that cost somewhere around $1500-$2000 if I remember him right. It's a sweet piece of equipment though.

MFJedi said:
Better mortgage the house if you want one like that. I think his is a Canon Pro SLR model that cost somewhere around $1500-$2000 if I remember him right. It's a sweet piece of equipment though.

It's nice of you to assume that people can't afford such things.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

What a monster... That's all I can say about that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service