10/29/2011 - Where Was Security?

Jacob Ryan Hartman said:
Yes the park is packed on HalloWeekends Saturdays, but it's crazy to suggest that Cedar Point should deny admission, or not offer group rates. Cedar Point is a business and needs to make money wherever or whenever they can. Let's not forget that higher attendance = bigger profit which means Cedar Fair does well and there is more money available for cap ex projects.

I respectfully disagree with what you're saying. Not all business is good business. Yes, making money and a profit is the goal of every successful company, but once you promote hosting anything and everything that walks in off the street you are going to have a cancer on your hands and less attendance as a consequence. Trust me people will take their money elsewhere and spend it where they do not have to deal with hooliginism.

I actually saw an officer ask someone to put out a cigarette on closing day, which was a nice change from seeing them ignore the problem.

I don't remember who suggested it was an unenforceable policy, but that's asinine. I've told people to not smoke in non-designated areas, they've complied, and I'm just a random guy. I don't want these inconsiderate morons smoking around my toddler.

I like Kennywood's approach. Big ass signs at the gate that say no smoking, we'll kick you out, and here's a map that shows where you can smoke. It works, and that's a more urban park where frankly I question the literacy of a significant portion of the customers.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:
Big ass signs at the gate that say no smoking, we'll kick you out, and here's a map that shows where you can smoke

This is exactly what Cedar Point needs to do. The way they advertise the policy now is a joke. Small signs at each entrance and a little note in the Fun Guide and thats it. Nothing once you get into the park that indicates it is a 'Smoke Free' park and that there are designated smoking areas (which most are hard to find).

^ I'll agree with that. Kennywood and Holiday World are two parks that come to mind as being really good at letting you know up front what the rules are and what the consequences of breaking them will be. Combine that with a few high profile media cases like Six Flags had when they started their crackdown, and people will learn real quick

Bigmal said:
I think in general, society is better. But, the bad apples themselves are worse, as is the degree to which they'll exhibit ludicrous behavior.

I'm not sure that the bad apples are necessarily getting worse, but they're definitely getting much more vocal (and being given much more attention) than they used to.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Where to begin, All I can say is that CP Police had a lot more serious issues to deal with than line jumping. The 2011 last weekend was completely insane.

Cedar Point Police 2011
Cedar Point Police 2012
Cedar Point Police - Fire - EMS 2013
Cedar Point Police - Fire - EMS 2014

J-Mac said:
Where to begin, All I can say is that CP Police had a lot more serious issues to deal with than line jumping. The 2011 last weekend was completely insane.

See?! I wasn't making it up! Sadly...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCEDARPOINTVIDEOS?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/0/xKyUmDerwfI

Cedar Point Police 2011
Cedar Point Police 2012
Cedar Point Police - Fire - EMS 2013
Cedar Point Police - Fire - EMS 2014

I was there that night it happened at "Screamworks" aka I wish it was Fright Zone, and the ghetto also did it in Bayou.

~ RIDE ON ~

Kennywood became popular when Geauga Lake closed and ppl got mad at Cedar Fair.

~ RIDE ON ~

@melanie1974: What are you trying to say? Geauga Lake was ghetto? I am having a hard time understanding on how your post is relevant to the topic.

No, Geauga Lake wasn't ghetto. Far from it.

~ RIDE ON ~

I think she was trying to be racist without being obvious about it.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I think she's saying just we Michiganders are ghetto. ;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

+1 Adam. +1.

Beeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!

Break Trims said:
Wow, I think just about every racially-coded dog whistle with the exception of "states' rights" made it into this thread...

What's the matter with you? If blacks did it, blacks did it. Who cares?

ya you caught me! who said anything about blacks and ghetto?! don't put words in my mouth.. ghetto is a word for trash.... that is all.. trash. My point was, and Michigan lol :/..that it is sad that people have to act that way and ruin it for others...

~ RIDE ON ~

melanie1974, you did mention ghetto in one of your previous posts above, however, I don't think you meant it in the way people are turning it into. Another word of advice, if you plan on sticking around, be prepared to have words put in your mouth. We have all experienced it.

cimmee said:
What's the matter with you? If blacks did it, blacks did it. Who cares?

Stay classy.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

melanie1974 said:
ya you caught me! who said anything about blacks and ghetto?! don't put words in my mouth.. ghetto is a word for trash.... that is all.. trash. My point was, and Michigan lol :/..that it is sad that people have to act that way and ruin it for others...

When your post has nothing to do at all with the topic and contains multiple blurry meanings, don't expect your post to go unnoticed.

That doesn't bother me with posts unnoticed and it was just all taken the wrong way.. it was originally about Kennywood, how when Geauga Lake closed down, everyone got mad and went to Kennywood. It's all good...Just think its terrible when anyone starts trouble in the parks..there is a time and a place for that.....especially with little ones around everywhere.

~ RIDE ON ~

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service