10/10/10

We arrived at the park a bit after 10:30 and the weather was perfect! Outside temp per the car was already 73!

Crowds were a bit heavy compared to the last 2 years we have came on the Sunday before Columbus Day, of course last year it was freezing cold so can't really count that trip :)

Lines were comparable to those we saw back in July on a Tuesday. Impressive for a Sunday in October!

Waited in line for Millennium for an hour and a half. Then I got snagged by the short seatbelt issue! I've lost weight since the Trip in July where I rode with out any issues! This put a damper on the spirit of the day!

From there our group moved on to Maverick. Sat this one out as I don't care for it. Went to catch the train to go back and check wait time at Johnny Rocket's for lunch, missed it by a minute...along with another group of people. Funny side story there, the older male in the other group asked the platform attendant if he had preferred boarding on the next train! He was serious too!

Got tired of waiting for the next train and opted to walk back (hey apparently I need to burn some weight if I wana ride Millennium's blue train some time!) Made a few stops along they way, enjoyed some people watching and made it to Johnny's. The other half of our group riding had text they were getting on in 2 trains so we decided to go put in for a table for 7. Our 15-20 min wait was more like 6 min. Oh well, was nice to sit down!

After enjoying our lunch, it was passed 3pm and the indoor haunted houses were open. Since the park was packed and we had already been to the park for rides earlier in the season, we decided to change focus to haunts for a bit!

First, we hit up Happy Jack's Toy Factory. bit of a wait but we hadn't had a chance to check it out last year. Def worth the wait, some creepy rooms in this one! Surprising ending as well! haha.

Next we ventured to Club Blood. This one was bad last year as everyone just stood around in groups like they didn't want to be there. This year, slightly better but was still lacking in comparison to the others! This year there were several screamsters just walking around like they were on their way to/from break and really didn't want to be there. This was the worst group of Screamsters we encountered all night!

Afterwards, some of the group wanted to ride so it was on to Raptor. After that, we headed back to Magnum and got that ride in to pass time til 735 for the Overlord and Screamsters meeting on the mid way.

We then headed back to catch the Overlord. This is def worth seeing and should be publicized a bit more and made into a slightly more themed event aside from some stage lights with red and orange gels and blowing fog. Over all though, this was good! We got some pictures with the Overlord after he had released the Screamsters!

I would like to note that ahead of us for pictures was a family with small kids. They were scared at first but he did what was necessary to show them that he just looked scary but was just a character. Mad props for this!

From here we moved on to the Antique Photo place so my sister and her fiancée could get a picture done. After that was all done it was on to the Fright Zone.

Fright Zone was entertaining as always! The Screamsters do a great job in here but for me, it' a ton of fun to pull off to the side and just watch people get scared over and over again!

We then moved through and made it to CornStalkers. We had waited in line for this one 2 years ago and gave up. We were told it was an hour wait so fig what the heck.

Over all I think CornStalkers is well done! Def got scared a few times..those darn guys that hide in the corn and blend in! However, I think he wait is waaay to long and needs to be worked out a bit more. Not sure on suggestions for that.

From here we were back in the Fright Zone as that is where CornStalkers exits to.

Headed on over to CarnEvil as a shortcut to Terror Island. CarnEvil was boring compared to years past. Few girls in our group hate clowns and norm have issues making it through. The Screamsters here last night seemed to be few and far between. The ones in the zone did well with what they had to work with though.

Arrived at Terror Island which had no line (I still don't understand how it never has a line!) Maybe CornStalkers needs to talk to the marauders to figure the trick out of moving people well??

I was pleasantly surprised to the new additions to TI this year. This was by far our favorite group of Screamsters again for the 3rd year in a row!

Snagged some pizza on our way out of the park at the Pizza Patio. Some good eating at a decent price!

Over all, AWESOME weather, great screamsters, a few good scares on me, good rides (minus Millennium)and an all around good day with some awesome friends!

Corrected TE to TI to appease the masses :)

Last edited by Bill02,

TE? Was that supposed to be TI? Just checking :) Hope I got a good scare out of you and glad to hear you had a great night!

Corn Stalkers sends groups through similar to the way a haunted house does, which is why it has a line. Terror Island is free flowing like the other outdoor scare zones, so aside from people waiting before the zone opens and the occasional congestion as guests funnel through the boathouse, there is no line.

I'm glad you were impressed by Terror Island (assuming that's what you meant by TE). :)

Last edited by Ralph Wiggum,

my bad! Corrected it to TI.

@CedarPtForever who knows, you might have. Depends which Screamster you are :)

@Ralph thanks for the explanation of the whole send groups in like a house. Is it a safety concern behind the reason to not let it free flow?

:-)

I have no idea what if any safety implications are behind the decision to send people though in groups in Corn Stalkers. However, given the fact it's in an enclosed area, unlike the other outdoor attractions, I could see that being a factor.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service