10/1 & 10/2 How will the park be? Where should we stay?

Hello Guys and Gals! Thanks in advance far any and all assistance you may be able to offer me. My family has been trying to get it together to take a trip to Cedar Point for several years now and we may be finally off the fence. We driving up from Louisville, Ky which is roughly 6 hours away, so its not to bad. But we need help making some decisions.

First, with such short notice on deciding to go and not much time left for the park to be open, what are some good places to stay? Moving to a different date isn't an option because of my children's schooling. So we kinda have to squeeze in here. Just some suggestions would be great. Expense is a consideration! :-)

Next would be a heads of if you would on how busy the park may be at this time of year. I know its not an exact science and I have read a few other posts on what to expect so just some gentle pointers would also suffice.

Thanks again!

Hope to be enjoying Cedar Point soon!!

I usually at the Fairfield Inn. It really is the best hotel in Sandusky without the large price tag. It includes a continental breakfast, pool, WiFi, etc. It is a newer hotel, so it is very updated. Rooms on average are like $115.

If you are looking for a place just to sleep, try the Red Roof Inn in Milan. It has pretty good reviews, plus it was recently updated and it has a continental breakfast, pool, WiFi, etc.

There really can be a huge variance in attendance from day to day, which is why this is the point where one of the regulars will usually direct this question to the FAQs. But you've indicated you already understand that, and are merely looking for general trends.

First off, Halloweekends tends to be very weather-dependent. If it's 75 and sunny, expect large (even vast) crowds. If it's a miserable, windy 42 with a cold rain blowing, not so much.

Secondly, Saturdays during Halloweekends have always been quite busy, and over recent years have become ridiculously so. Conversely, Friday nights tend to be dead as a hungover Screamster at the end of his shift.

So if you're going into the park on that first day, Friday the 1st, I'd try to get there as close to opening (6:00) as possible, and plan on getting as many of the bigger rides you want to do as you can fit in. Then, if the crowds are hell-acious (pun intended) on Saturday, you can relax, and hit smaller attractions with shorter waits, take in the shows and stroll the haunted houses.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I too am aware of how crowd trends can vary greatly but what do you think the case will be for Sunday? I have never been to the park before for Halloweekends. Thanks in advance.

From what I've heard, this past Sunday was dead. No waits longer than 20 minutes. Base your expectations off that if you'd like.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Thank you for the reply.

Been watching the weather all day. Its going to be terrible tomorrow.

So everyone should just stay home. :P

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service