06/09/04 - A good weekday trip

This was a great day for a quick CP/Soak City Trip. We headed out of Sunbury at 7:30am, and my daughter & I, and her friend got dropped at the Marina gate right after 9:30am. My wife went on & parked at Soak City. Katie & Lacey went off to ride the Force, and I wandered over toward Magnum.

Maggie was a walk-on, and running great. I got 7 rides in just over an hour, and then 3 on the Gemini. The camera for Magnum seems to have myriad problems this year. One "frame" was consistently off-color, and it was on more than one screen, so it probably wasn't the monitor. The flash seems to be firing late for the first car, front row, because they have been under-exposed a lot of the time. Finally, I think they need to work on overall exposure issues, as daytime pictures of people in light clothing are almost always totally blown out, and the pictures are almost not worth having. I have found the best time for pictures on the Magnum seems to be from about 5pm on.

After several rides, it was over to Soak City for the bulk of the day. It was just hot enough to be fun. A shame they took out the picnic area, but progress is progress, I guess.

We left just as the big storms started rolling in off the lake, about 5pm. Had a good dinner at the Road House at the Ramada, and headed on south. The girls had a great day of walk-on rides, and my wife & I had a great time getting roasted by the sun. Happy to report the new Rec Specs I bought worked out perfectly in the water, Definitely a good investment. Happy riding!

Tank
Magnum: 187.5... Walkdowns: 1...Walkoffs: 1...$9W:0

I live in Toledo, and I have to say that the Road House is the best resturant that I have ever been to. Every Sunday when we leave CP, my 5 year old always asks me if we are going to "The Peanut Place".

Let's go straight to the Merry-Go-Round!

Tank,

I am nearly blind without my glasses and understand very well why you want to be able to see, while at SC. ;)

Glad the new specs are working well for you.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Every Sunday when we leave CP, my 5 year old always asks me if we are going to "The Peanut Place".

Ah yes! Buckets of peanuts on the table in the bar! I like the place. They make a good salad, and I like the baked sweet potato, which is not a common menu item. The steaks are a bit above average, and the service was good. No more expensive than any other place.

I am nearly blind without my glasses and understand very well why you want to be able to see, while at SC

Of course. It is very hazardous to try and walk around the area, and swim in the pools while being unable to see clearly. This is strictly a safety issue. :)

Tank

Tank and Mr. Scott.....clearly another reason why i'm very happy i had Lasik surgery. Can't beat some of the views at Soak City. But then again, there are some that i wish i couldn't see.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Anyone else ever wonder what it's like to wake up in the morning (or afternoon) and be able to see the alarm clock without fumbling for glasses/contact lenses? My wife gets mad at me cuz I always ask her what time it is when we're trying to wake up.

JW Addington- How did the Lasik work out for you? I've heard mixed reviews about glares, depth perception, and night driving. Any thoughts?

ROUNDABOUND.

Shane....for the first week, you do have a glare around lights and your night vision isnt the best. But, that does go away. I highly recommend it. I have allergies and have to take a pill for it, so my eyes were always really dry, so i was always having to put drops in my eyes when i wore contacts. Every half hour or so i had to drop my eyes in the park. That was very annoying after awhile.

For the longest time i was still trying to adjust my glasses even though i had the Lasik done, just a habit that took a few weeks to get over, lol. I can now see the little clock on the VCR from sitting way acroos the room, it is a very interesting operation and i would DEFINATELY do it all over again, NO PAIN whatsoever. My vision is now 20/15. Let me know if you have anymore questions about it, ill be happy to answer.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I have thought about it, but I have worn glasses for so many years, that the idea on not having them is a little unnerving. I like the protection from the wind and dirt and stuff that glasses provide. Maybe because I used to work in steel fabrication, and eye protection was an absolute must. Also, I suffered an eye injury in high school shop, and only because I was wearing glasses was my eyesight spared. I guess it's a little like having the shields up, Mr. Scott.

Tank

I have had "shields up" since the 3rd grade. No surgery for me, I'll just live with it, lad...

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service