Serious question for anyone out here with a Ticket of a Lifetime:
Have any of you gotten an email about renewal codes? Traditionally the due date has always been October 1st. I have emailed the old TOL email and while in previous years I have always gotten a response there has been no reply this year. I have also tried to call the park but there does not seem to be a human alive to answer the phone, and I simply get asked to leave a message (presumably for someone in TX). I have always had everything done by September 20th at the latest (usually earlier).
A sad and dark inside joke between a friend of mine who also has a TOL was that once the merger happened the TOL would get phased out. It has been a joke up until now, when there does not seem to be anyone to speak to or email who has any knowledge of this pass.
Asking before I go to the park with a tiny shovel and remove our brick from the midway.
Promoter of fog.
Nobody likes a bragger, Kevin. Kidding. That's frustrating that you're going through it, and hopefully the company does honor the TOL winners. Though I would not be surprised in the least if the company decided to scrap them and leverage some legalese to say that the entity that was formerly Cedar Fair no longer exists, and therefore the pass is no longer valid.
391 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot
A quick search indicates that they gave out 150, which could be shared among a total of 4 family members. Perhaps they gave out a few extras here and there for various reasons, so assuming 200 were handed out, that means 800 people have park access via this promotion. I can't imaging the park's profitability hinges one way or another based on 800 guests, especially when you consider that the TOL guests also spend money in the park.
Brandon
I think it just boils down to how much admin work is required to maintain it. If the TOL is as simple as just generating a code that is redeemed for a pass (requiring very little staff work), then I agree. But if there is annual effort in maintaining the program, then I could certainly see that as an initiative they might think as easy to cut out of their budget.
391 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot
Kevinj:
Asking before I go to the park with a tiny shovel and remove our brick from the midway.
Haven't been able to make it to the park for several years and curious how the bricks have been holding up... While it doesn't seem like there's any reason to think that part of the midway is going to be dug up anytime soon, I've also got little inclination to believe that people are going to be given the option to take back their bricks whenever it does. I could easily see them saying "well that's what the mini reproduction bricks were for back when you ordered them" and it doesn't feel like there's anyone left at the park to bring this up with anyway.
...I was about to try and make a comparison to Epcot's Leave a Legacy when they redid the entrance, but I also just now belatedly learned that they did indeed bring it back, and honestly I kind of prefer the new walls to how it was before, but I digress.
I too have wondered.
Emailed the box and got a response in about a week.
As of the 26th they replied they are still working to get the codes prepared.
But to note, the tol codes have randomly come at different times, one year it was the day after the park closed. Then the next year it was after the regular season ended, then the next year it was during the latter part of halloweekends.
Was just circling back as well with an update. I was grading exams so I had some time to kill in the background, and entered into a chat with someone who may or may not have been a human. After sometime with "Missy Six" (the AI bot) Katherine took the wheel. Here some highlights:
A little later....
And finally...
That was unsatisfying, but 2 hours later I got an email with "SUPER EXCITING NEWS" (their words). The codes are going to be emailed out sometime later this month.
Thankfully the appropriate team was notified.
Promoter of fog.
You must be logged in to post