Cedars Dorms Site

I’m kind of curious as to what will go here if anything at all. It’s been vacant for a few years now and am surprised nothing has been done with the area yet. With the road there it would be interesting to see how the expansion would be if a new ride was to go there.

Last edited by CPkid77,

I think a picnic area to replace the ones next to raptor and blue streak would be nice, that way you free up a nice chunk of land right off the main midway for a large addition.

Didn't the already clear that picnic area out mostly a few years ago?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Yep, the picnic area is dragster train storage now. There are still some of the tables available along the paths closer to the parking lot.

The cedars site was used as overflow parking during halloweekends last year.

I wonder if they could re-route perimeter road a bit through there and bump out the park to free up some of the congestion near the stage right there. I'm sure this would be more expensive than it seems but that would make the most sense to me

I remember the old picnic areas of the 1970s. I miss them. It would be great to have a covered area with picnic tables to bring a hamper into and have a good lunch.

Isn't that what the pavilion next to windseeker is for or am I mistaken?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

The Lakeside Pavilion, the covered picnic area, by Windseeker, is for catered events.

There are a few picnic tables outside the main gates where people can bring hampers and eat, but they're not covered. Eating out in the blazing sun or pouring rain with seagulls pooping on you...no thanks.

The nice thing about the old picnic pavilions were they were right next to the entrance, so you didn't have far to slog a hamper. People would bring the hampers in with them in the morning, put the hamper on a table to claim that spot, and then when they were ready to eat, they'd return to the pavilion and dig in. I remember going to the park in the 1970s and always seeing dozens of hampers sitting in the covered area early in the. morning.

Last edited by SarahB1863,

Why were people bringing their laundry to Cedar Point?

I was wondering the same thing. I guess I'm naive to the term "hamper" for cooler or picnic basket.

BleauxJays:

I wonder if they could re-route perimeter road a bit through there and bump out the park to free up some of the congestion near the stage right there. I'm sure this would be more expensive than it seems but that would make the most sense to me

I agree. I have been thinking this ever since they tore Cedars down. The part of perimeter road where Cedars used to be has always seemed out of place. Smoothing out and straightening the curves in that road as well as incorporating some of that land to be used inside the park could definitely enhance the Iron Dragon midway and relieve congestion during shows at the stage. I hate going down that midway and weaving through people while a show is going on.

I was hoping the whole thing would have been reworked around the time Valravn was built. Tear out the forms, move the road, and move the new coaster (now Valravn) out and expand the park a bit.

First ride; Magnum 1994

e x i t english:

Why were people bringing their laundry to Cedar Point?

To use the on-point guest laundromats, there's at least three that I know of.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Actually, what would be nice is somewhere in Cedar Point to sit and watch the sun set. Maybe a smaller Grand Pavilion on the west side of the park with patios? It's kind of a shame that there's no place to just sit and watch the sun go down.

The fishing pier over by the cabins is a really nice place to watch sunset, You should try it out sometime.

There are benches on and off the pier, vending machine nearby and restrooms. It's also close to a shuttle bus drop off/pick up area. (plus if you have your laundry with there's a laundromat too)

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

If only there was a plot of land where a tacky hotel once stood that has the potential to offer food and drinks after hours for resort guests (mainly Lighthouse Point) that faces west.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service