Maverick Heartline

Not sure if this has ever made it on here, but the Facebook group “Carowinds Fans Only” posted some trivia that the original heart line roll for Maverick has been in Mansfield, OH. I did know that Adena (builder of Maverick) is in Mansfield, so I searched Adena on Google Maps, and located the track.

This is pretty cool that it’s just… there.

There are several groups of enthusiasts obsessing over it on the internet, enough that some even made the drive to find it a take pictures with it.

Enthusiasts never cease to amaze me.

I met someone in line for TTD that claimed that he test-rode Maverick with the roll. He said it was pretty intense. (Now he could have been lying, Im curious if anyone on here knows of anyone who rode Maverick 1.0)

argues just for clicks

My understanding is that it was Intamin people and possibly some CP higher-ups. So unless that person in line was either (doubtful), he was probably a liar.

Last edited by Scott Cameron,

And if he did ride it he’d likely be dead, strictly reducing the chance for any subsequent conversations with you about it.
My guess is he saw you coming and took advantage of your good nature.
or… he’s told that lie for so many years it finally sounds like the truth to him.

Why would he be dead? Lots of people rode it with the heartline and are very much alive today, no?

I feel like this was brought up in the TTD thread at some point, but wasn't the whole reasoning for the heartline roll's removal something to do with potentially excessive wear and tear on the trains or structure? Could've sworn the "it was too intense and would've killed you instantly" bit was just as much as a rumor as any park guest claiming to have ridden it in the first place.

Y'all know they can simulate and calculate forces on humans before they ever cut a piece of steel, right?

Frog Hopper King:

Now he could have been lying

You don't say?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff:

Y'all know they can simulate and calculate forces on humans before they ever cut a piece of steel, right?

Which further astounds me that the damn roll was built before they realized either the forces on the rider/trains/track/all of the above were above acceptable limits. But it’s Intamin, so…

Last edited by CPVet,

RCMAC:

And if he did ride it he’d likely be dead

Times like these, I wish there was a laugh react here. And not because you're funny.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

RCMAC:

he’s told that lie for so many years it finally sounds like the truth to him.

Promoter of fog.

funny how Mav only has the 2 Inversions but it feels like 5 sometimes

First ride; Magnum 1994

I have ridden Maverick hundreds of times in the last 15 years and still forget it only has two inversions.

vwhoward:

RCMAC:

And if he did ride it he’d likely be dead

Times like these, I wish there was a laugh react here. And not because you're funny.

You seriously doubt the might and terror of the Theme park review mafia.

argues just for clicks

Look, I didn’t really mean to mix it up with you knuckleheads, it was just a joke.
And eChameleon, even though nobody actually died, don’t think “lots” of people rode it. It didn’t even make it to opening day that year.

I was having a conversation with some friends about this. Do you think with the intense ride experiences in today’s standards (RMC mainly) that the amount of stress from Maverick 1.0‘s heart line roll would be a big deal and/or omitted in an already fabricated coaster in 2022?

Perhaps on track or trains depending on the actual design of either, but for the riders, I would be willing to bet the answer is “no”. So with that said, what do we truly think the reason it was removed? Stress on the ride or stress on the riders?

At the time i had heard stress on the trains.

argues just for clicks

It was not a problem with people.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I still don't buy the official company line about this.

I think that roll, coming out of that turn right after the launch, would've snapped some necks.

Wasn't the first reason for the heartline roll's removal excessive force on the train, especially near the seats?

Also, here's a vid of the original roll:

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service