News: Sandusky City Commission approves contract for policing at Cedar Point

The Sandusky City Commission recently voted to approve a contract with Cedar Point to provide law enforcement and police services for Cedar Point and their properties starting April 1.

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3377

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

That seems like a pretty good deal, which makes me believe even more that this all transpired primarily for financial reasons.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

As a municipal Finance Director, I can attest that this seems to be a good deal for both sides.

I never had any issue with either the CP or Sandusky police, so I'm indifferent on the whole thing, but I noticed on the linked page that Omni Fiber is starting internet service in Sandusky. Anyone have any experience with them? Any comparisons to Buckeye cable?

Promoter of fog.

Being in the insurance industry, specifically the E&S industry...

I bet that the employee dorm allegations had a TON to do with this.

Cedar Point running and having its own police force is a HUGE exposure. It opens them up to a swath of potential lawsuits. Everything from mishandling small instances, to large... More ambiguous situations, to who knows what. Never know when a human cop will nake a bad call with a trigger. Luckily its never happened at the Point to my knowledge.

But yeah, I bet insurance, liability, and cost in general as others have states has alot to do with it.

NextGen89:

Never know when a human cop will nake a bad call with a trigger.

If something is gonna put a hole in someone, it’s gonna be a coaster gosh darn it.

First ride; Magnum 1994

!!! Oh my. !!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service