New forum version

That could be the case... I've been paying closer attention to the link (as displayed at the bottom of Chrome) before clicking... and it seems to be formatted correctly to take me to the new unread posts, but after I get rid of the ad, it takes me to the start of the thread. Thank you for looking into it.

Jeff:

You can see it because it's your photo.

I wonder how many times I've done this thinking people could see the pic. The new upload option is so much easier anyway.

Is this just a quirk with images hosted on Google?

Promoter of fog.

Any photo locker works that way. I mean, Google Photos are coming from your phone, and presumably you don't want every photo of your kids on the public Internets. It isn't built for public hosting.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

C Hertling:

when you click on the icon for new posts it sends you to the original post in the thread

Interestingly enough. I just had this happen with this thread. I don't know if maybe it's related to leaving the recent page up for a few hours and weird things happening with old/stale data. Anyways, this morning the icon for this thread was lit up, but clicking it sent me to the first post of the thread, which is where the link is going to.

Aaronosmer:

I don't know if maybe it's related to leaving the recent page up for a few hours and weird things happening with old/stale data.

That would absolutely do it. You might be not be sitting in front of it, but the comprooder doesn't know that.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I've been having this happen as well with more frequency. Both on a Windows machine and Mac.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Same here, but I figured it was just me, so I didn't think much of it

I suspect it's an ad. I had a problem once where I couldn't click on the navigation when a certain ad appeared. Google usually polices that pretty well, but it's not perfect. If it happens to you, note which ads are appearing (remembering that on mobile the side ad is at the bottom).

Seems to be Value City Furniture appears as the ad on the right, then when clicking the recent post icon, goes to a full screen Value City ad. Then to first post.

Done it the last 4 out of 4 times I've had that ad.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Just happened on the TTD 2022 Status thread. Princess Cruise Line ad.

I think I see what's going on... some interstitial ads are having the browser "go" to the link, but stopping it, then going to it again. That means the forum believes you've been there, so it goes to the first post. The ads break expected behavior. Trust me, I'd love to drop them, but this stuff is expensive to run relative to the traffic, so I need the revenue.

Is Pointbuzz Premium no longer a thing? After reading your reply I figured I'd sign up again but can't find it. Figured it would fix the aforementioned ad problem and help your revenue needs.

Nope, it's not a thing anymore. I think at best one year we made a hundred bucks, which covers maybe a week or two of cost. Also, the forums now are on my hosted solution, so there's a bunch of automation to keep it up to date with the latest bits.

Jeff it looks like something changed and I can't+1 posts on my mobile anymore. Haven't had a chance to try on another device yet.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

🤷‍♂️ they seem to exist for everyone else.

Mine works mobile.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Im over here reading the original post from 2022 like it’s happening now. Wondering why it seemed like all the new stuff already existed.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Ok so as this develops Jeff I wanted to work on trying to properly troubleshoot and not just leave a something's not working post..

I still haven't had a chance to check on a computer (way to much running around but that's a me problem).

A few other users have reported the issue:

Bozman, birdman, Jordan_Vanichek, Cousin Eddy, KevinJ

So far, the consistent issue seems to be chrome distros but some user's are reporting it doesn't work on edge either (since Microsoft repacked chromium for the new Edge that's a 50/50 in my mind.). Notably one report in the TTD thread also mentions CB (Coaster Buzz) having the same issue. So I think you're right nothing has changed in the forum I think the chromium updates changed something. This would also line up with the website showing differently if chrome is handling the instructions differently when rendering for users.

Because my personal browser runs on a chromium fork that's slightly ahead of Google's update schedule this would make sense. Reports of the issue started occurring around the same time as the May 30th/June 1st updates/patches rolled out. My issue began as far back as May 26th.

This might be purely chrome related but I unfortunately don't understand enough about website code to troubleshoot further. If it becomes an issue for you I hope this helps.

Edit: it is working on my desktop chrome distro. Maybe mobile only?

Edit 2: Update list of users reporting issue.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Just happened to me here and at CB upon relaunching Chrome after updating from v113.0.5672.127 to v114.0.5735.91.

ETA: To be clear, I can no longer see nor interact with the "+1" feature. I could do both just prior to this update this morning.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Don't make fun of me but I've been using Edge recently and it also doesn't work over here

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service